Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting an experienced Subcontracts Lead with relevant expertise in Oil & Gas projects or Heavy industrial sectors of the construction industry, to join our Operations APAC (West) business. This is a permanent role based in our Perth office.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region's most prominent producers located in Western Australia, Northern Territory, Kazakhstan, and Sakhalin.
Reporting directly to the Senior Supply Chain and Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for:
- executing and ensuring a successful and timely outcome of subcontracts activities undertaken by a project subcontracts engineering and/ or quantity surveying team,
- providing head contract support for the Contract Manager, and a clear understanding of client head contract and company contractual responsibilities,
- control of project subcontract operations, including activities for construction phase subcontracts, coordination of day-to-day interface activities and management of the project team members,
- delivering clear and concise progress reports of all activities under your responsibility.
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs.
At Wood you will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Skills / Qualifications
You must be an Australian citizen or hold Permanent Residency (PR) and be able to work lawfully in Australia to be considered for this opportunity.
You will be s uitably qualified in a business / engineering degree or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution OR industry equivalent and have:
- A minimum of 10 years applicable to the Oil and Gas or Heavy Industrial sectors of Construction Industry or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of subcontractors, commercial evaluations, negotiation and terms and conditions of contract.
- In depth knowledge of commercial position imposed by Head Contracts
- Advanced knowledge of Industry forms of Subcontract
- Computer Systems - SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Suite
- Supply Chain Principles and techniques
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (including written and oral presentation)
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills to maintain and develop internal and external supply chain and contracts relationships
- Planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic proactive attitude
- A "solutions and initiative mindset" and able to manage varying tasks with often changing and competing priorities
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges.
Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are an experienced Subcontracts Lead, this permanent role offers you an opportunity to progress and thrive as part of an established team working within a global engineering organisation.
Apply now and claim your 2022 career challenge!
** Office Closure: Please note the Perth office is closed from 24 December 2021 - 09 January 2022. Please expect a delay in response to your application. **
Shortlisting will commence immediately after.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.