Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Overview
This strategic role supports Saudi Aramco decision making at the Executive level through facilitation and management of critical reporting, review, and other performance related efforts by translating longer-term strategies into tangible actions.
Depending on candidate's experience, incumbent will be expected to lead or support the establishment of a strategy execution performance function within the Strategy Planning Department. The Specialist is expected to establish a process that calls for conducting quarterly and annual strategy execution reviews and measuring strategy execution progress for the various business and enabling strategies. Responsibilities, will also include providing support for the company's Strategy Counsel as well as follow up on resulting actions and decisions.Key Responsibilities
- Depending on candidate's level of experience, acts as the "Corporate Advisor" or "Advisor" for strategic performance management related issues, providing relevant insight and direction to the CEO, other members of Corporate Management, and the Strategy & Market Analysis organization.
- Advises on courses of action to ensure effective corporate progress for the strategic plan by identifying early warning signs and possible areas for adjustment.
- Provides advice and guidance on the development of the company's strategic performance management framework and measurement system; leading the development, deployment and management of an integrated system which ensures consistent progress towards our strategic intent.
- Collaborates with various business lines and Strategy & Market Analysis departments to confirm and validate strategic performance management objectives, tracking methods, measures, reporting and course corrections as required.
- Ensures effective execution of all strategic performance management processes, as well as decisions by Corporate leadership.
- Develops and cultivates key matrix relationships to advance strategic performance initiatives in order to ensure the company is actively, effectively and dynamically managing to achieve its strategies.
- Prepares for, facilitates, and follows through on Strategy and Initiative Portfolio Review meetings, including the Annual Strategy Refresh.
- Depending on seniority, has primary ownership of and champions the Strategic Performance Management Calendar.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with consultancies, industry experts, and best-in-class companies, keeping abreast of key developments in the strategic performance management space and other arenas that could impact the company's competitive performance.
- Benchmarks the company's strategic performance and related processes, practices and technologies against relevant energy companies in the region and around the world.
- Provides coaching and mentorship to junior staff.
- Expert in Microsoft Office tools or equivalent, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management or closely related discipline; advanced degree is highly desirable.
- At least 10 years' experience with the last 5+ in a similar function within a major energy company. Supplemental experience with a global consulting firm with a focus on performance measurement is desirable.
- Must have the proven ability and courage to effectively challenge conventional thinking, and influence others to do the same.
- Must have strong project management, problem solving, and change management skills.
- Must be a master of Enterprise Performance Management practices and processes, and be comfortable leading and facilitating the implementation of new practices.
- Must have a deep understanding of the latest Oil and Gas, Chemicals and Energy industry trends, developments, strategies and technologies.
- Must have a proven ability to quickly build and maintain positive, effective networks with internal and external stakeholders of all organizational levels.
- Must have a proven ability to develop a positive, effective and collaborative rapport with corporate management, co-workers, and stakeholders using tact and diplomacy.
- Must have demonstrative ability to effectively coach and mentor multi-national junior staff.
- Candidate must have exceptional English written and oral communication skills.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.