Project Manager - FactoryDo you enjoy taking ownership of projects to ensure success?Do you love leading and motivating others to deliver successful projects?Join our innovative Project Management team
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. Working on large scale projects with cutting-edge technology, we constantly improve and innovate.Take ownership for project management
As a Project Management Leader - Japan, you are responsible for an assigned portfolio of Projects (Orders) with significant technical complexity and commercial risk. This position is accountable for project execution, on-time delivery, profit and loss & customer satisfaction.
As a Project Manager - Factory, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Meeting the requirements of Quality, Health, Safety & Environment rules and integrity, and Compliance.
- Practicing formal Project Manager methodology using documented tools/processes/procedures for a project portfolio
- Owning the Customer relationship to understand their perspective and needs.
- Executing Project Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
-Receiving, analyzing and accepting orders from the ITO-OTR handoff
-Conducting cross functional, internal kick-off meetings to launch the execution of the order
-Developing and maintaining robust project plans with cross functional OTR support team (Engineering, Procurement, Sourcing, Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, Finance, Services as required) that meet customer and business objectives
- Creating a Baseline schedule at IKO that meets the customer required ship date. Maintain/monitor an actualized status of schedule variance to the original plan during the life of the order.
-Negotiating and managing change orders with the Customer by identifying opportunities to add customer value and bring incremental revenue to Baker Hughes with optimized project contribution margin
- Monitoring & acting on order financial performance to maintain/improve the as-sold contribution margin
- Conducting Project Closeout Meeting that summarizes actual schedule and financial performance compared to the as-sold targets. Document lessons learned and best practices
-Logging and managing resolution of any post shipment warranty claims through Customer Issue Resolution (CIR) cases and warranty support team
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Be graduated in mechanics or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Have at least 5 additional years of experience in project management and proven records of working in Oil & Gas Industry such as refinery and/or Power generation industry (Non-IT).
- Have strong oral and written communication skills in English and Japanese.
- Have Master's degree in Business Administration or Engineering is preferred.
- Have strong business and financial acumen including ERP experience is preferred.
- Have technical knowledge of valves business and associated systems is preferred.
- Have Six Sigma Green Belt training OR equivalent Quality Training is preferred.
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.