Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Overview
We are seeking a Pilot Plant Experimental Design Specialist to join the Research Support Division (RSD) of our Research & Development Center (R&DC).
The Pilot Plant Engineering and Operation Unit owns pilot plant (PP) facilities, which support research, technology and specialized technical services. Current assets cover various petrochemical processes.
The PPEDS' primary role is to support R&D projects and provide services to operations, producing representative data generated by PP, designing PP processes; including development of basis of design study, considering process options and optimization of design.Key Responsibilities
Education & Experience Requirements
- Directs activities to ensure that new PP construction, installation and operational testing conform with specifications, recognized standards and project requirements.
- Provide technical services to the corporate operations.
- Produce representative data generated by PPs.
- Design PP processes, including development of basis of design study, considering different process options and optimization of the selected design.
- Define and conduct DoEs required for R&D programs and technical services.
- Reproduce, optimize and propose modifications of refining or chemical processes using in-house generated PP data.
- Prepare testing protocols, operating instructions, and ensure proper sequence of experimentation.
- Calculate process performances, organize data, and develop experimentation and engineering reports for utilization throughout the company.
Certificates Working environment
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field. MSc degree preferred.
- Ten years of relevant research development, oil refinery, chemical plant or similar hydrocarbon industry experience.
- Capable of using simulators and developing models.
- Familiar with plant operation, preparing testing protocols, operating instructions and ensures proper sequence of the experimentation.
- Able to calculate process performances, organize data, and develop experimentation and engineering reports.
- Experienced in developing process flow diagram, heat and material balances, and developing process specifications.
- Experienced in planning development, cost development and project schedule.
- Must be an SME in one of these domains:
- Reactor design and reaction engineering
- Heat transfer (fired and unfired)
- Mass transfer and separation
- Fluid dynamic and modelling group
- Able to engineer solutions related to problems that require a high degree of innovation and ingenuity.
- Experience in defining and conducting Design of Experiments (DoE) required for R&D programs and technical services; to reproduce, optimize, propose modification of refining or chemical processes, using PP data generated in-house.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.