Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for Piping Stress Engineers to join on agency payroll.
Responsible for carrying out various pipe stress analysis and support design activities as identified in the Functional Competencies as necessary for preparation, development and issue of deliverables on their appointed projects.
- Production and ensuring quality and consistency of common piping deliverables including; Isometrics, Piping GA's, Tie - In Details and Plot Plans
- Undertake MTO duties when necessary and assists with the preparation of presentation material, such as videos, animation and plant views
- Assure designs are ready for review and comments are correctly resolved
- Understand discipline interfaces and how to influence impacts to the benefit of the project
- Actively engages in the maintenance of P&IDs
- Use coaching methods and a consultative style to guide others with problem solving and technical queries
- Extend the role to the wider disciplines taking responsibility for the design of the plant
- Share design effort, ensuring targets are met or exceeded
- Provide expertise in pipe support selection and the preparation of Special Pipe Support designs
- Hands - on approach with responsibility for all piping design and layout in an assigned area including setting piping layout concepts, assuring quality and consistency and ensuring that safety, operation, maintenance and construction requirements are incorporated
- Perform pipe stress calculation
Skills / Qualifications
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.