Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for an experienced Lead Finance Analyst to join our team in Brunei.
- Review of weekly timewriting hours, ensuring accurate allocation of time and costs to contracted work
- Ensure alignment of client and internal financial systems to facilitate billing and cost reconciliation
- Ensure rates data changes captured in a timely manner in Oracle and submitted to the client for approval
- Invoice client in accordance with contract;
- Manage customer financial audit processes & ensure resolution is reached;
- Ensure customer payments meet contractual timing;
- Liaises with client representatives, and project personnel to resolve billing queries;
- Manage the entire billing process and ensure that the DSO target for the contract is achieved, with any issues raised timely for resolution with the respective parties
- Achieve time to bill targets
Month end close/reporting:
- Management Reports on contract performance and analyses variances eg internal and external dashboard reports and other reports as required by the contract
- To take on all other financial analysis, financial data request as required by the contract manager, corporate and etc.
- Undertake the month end close for contract and the submission of various group reporting requirement eg Flash/Bridge/Unbilled and AR analysis
- Good understanding of the contract; be well aware of the financial and commercial terms that governs the operation of the contract so that value added analysis can be drawn up for the contract
- Lead various initiatives to define finance processes and procedures to support the contract framework;
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process for the contract; driving deadlines, deliverables and analysis of the forecasted revenue and margin against prior years.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders for all financial matters
- Performs risk assessment on all financial processes implementing mitigating controls as necessary;
- Review/approve coding of invoices in Oracle
- Coach and mentor subordinate and contribute to their personal and professional development
- Carries out performance reviews with subordinates and provides guidance and feedback
Skills / Qualifications
Priority will be given to local Brunei nationality or Permanent Resident of Brunei.
- Holds a relevant professional body qualification (e.g. ACMA, ACA, ACCA, etc.) or a degree in Accounting
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Incumbents will typically have a minimum 6 years relevant experience in a senior finance role
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software (preferably Oracle) and related principles, tools and techniques including budgeting, forecasting
- Ability to work on own initiative to pull together required reporting.
- Demonstrates commitment to Wood Values, Visions & Behaviours
- Applies analytical and statistical evaluation
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Uses initiative, experience and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to guide, mentor & supervise others
- Commitment to continuous improvement
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.