Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
BE PART OF THE EDMONTON WEST VALLEY LINE LRT PROJECT!
Wood has been selected to provide Materials Testing Services to this high profile project, anticipated to last about 6 years.
With opportunities for multiple Materials Technicians on our team, this is an exceptional opportunity to develop your career and experience in the engineering and construction with Wood on a world class project in your own hometown!
The position will support the Certified Materials Testing Laboratory (concrete, soils, asphalt) by conducting field and laboratory testing services within Northern Alberta area.
- Responsibilities will include conducting various tests on asphalt pavements, concrete, aggregates and various soils in both laboratory and field environment. This position will require working occasionally out of town projects. In addition the incumbent will:
- Maintain orderliness of laboratory
- Preparation of inspection reports and data entry
- Follow Wood's Project Review, Ethics and Safety Policies
- Field Concrete testing
- Field Compaction testing
- Lab Work
- Sieve Analysis
- Cylinder Breaking
- CSA calibrations
- Moisture Contents
- Unconfined compression testing
- Lab Work
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Technology Program is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years related experience required
- Preference given to those with previous experience in the construction industry
- Familiar with test procedures for concrete, aggregate, soil and asphalt
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Reliable and punctual
- Willing to do a variety of tasks and able to prioritize
- CSA Safety boots required
- Ability to work in the laboratory and office settings
- Light to moderate lifting may be required
- Unrestricted Class 5 Driver's License valid in Alberta and a good driving record (driving abstract required)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.