Nailsea, United Kingdom
Nailsea, United Kingdom
Skills: Electrical Engineering, Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Nailsea, United Kingdom
Would you like to lead the design innovative subsea products?
Are you passionate about improving capabilities, efficiency and performance?
Join our Subsea Production Systems team!
We devise smarter systems to control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Innovating in the energy industry, our subsea and surface pressure capabilities are industry-leading. Our global team is responsible for the successful delivery of innovative product and system designs for our customers.
Partner with the Best
The Lead Electronics engineer will be responsible for contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. This includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components. The Lead Electronics Engineer will develop mastery of a body of theoretical knowledge, and apply that to the work at hand.
As a Lead Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Defining the physical configuration optimized to convert mechanical inputs that develops an electrical system energized to produce electricity
- Addressing the configuration of electrical apparatus and systems, especially of main generators, of power electronics devices, switchgear, transformers, bus bars, cables, non-conducting materials and comprehensive system integration concepts
- Developing operational plan for the own department, resolving problems through the application of acquired expertise based upon precedents
- Working to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
- Working with colleagues from the business unit; contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues
- Communicating with direct team members and your supervisor. Presenting to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have HNC/D or degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with relevant work experience.
- Have demonstrable experience working in electronic design roles
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working remotely from home up to 2 days / week
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.