Skills: Project Management, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a talented Renewable Energy Consultant to join our Consutlting business.. Ideally the Renewable Energy Consultant will be seated in our Austin, TX office, but we will consider other US office locations for the right candidate.
The Renewable Energy Consultant will lead the delivery of multidisciplinary projects through their feasibility, pre-construction and/or construction phases with a specific focus on the environmental and permitting aspects of projects . She/He will act as a consultant, managing scopes as part of a project development and/or Owner's Engineering team. Whilst this role will have a particular focus on solar PV developments it may also include involvement in onshore wind , storage, hybrid and green hydrogen projects.
The principal responsibilities of this post include:
- Ensuring health, safety and environmental considerations are integral to the delivery of projects and project tasks.
- Leading and managing the delivery of renewable energy project development scopes (primarily solar PV projects) in accordance with the pre-defined budgets, deadlines and quality requirements.
- Regularly and accurately reporting the status of projects to Renewable Energy's management.
- Be the main interface and manage the relationship with clients and contractors.
- Lead a team of multi-disciplined specialists to design, develop and deliver renewable energy project scopes on behalf of clients.
- Contribute to business development activities and assist in securing new opportunities for the company.
- Participation at site visits and meetings in the USA and abroad.
- Disseminate knowledge and experiences to other team members, and supporting the development of the team and team members.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Engineering or Renewables-related discipline such as environmental science
- Desired 2+ years experience in the development and construction of renewable energy projects; experience in an Engineering or Environmental consulting firm preferred
- Desired 2+ years experience managing solar and/or energy technology and projects
- Desired experience with local, state and/or federal permitting of solar or renewables projects including field work or management of deliverables
- Ability to prepare high quality, concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) in English, with the ability to engage and interface with stakeholders
- Demonstrated proficiency in Engineering standards, best practices and safety regulations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A flexible and proactive approach to completing work
- Valid driving license for use with in USA
- Willingness for occasional worldwide travel
- Must be US Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.