Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a talented Senior Project Development Manager to join the group in our Austin, TX office.
The Senior Project Development Manager will lead the delivery of multidisciplinary projects through their feasibility, pre-construction and/or construction phases with a specific focus on solar and energy storage projects. She/He will act as a project manager, managing multi-disciplinary technical scopes for renewable energy developer clients. Whilst this role will have a particular focus on solar and energy storage project developments it may also include involvement in wind and hybrid projects.
This role will play a key part in growing our Project Development & Engineering team who is supporting clean energy project developers across the Americas. Our team is on the leading edge of innovative project designs, novel technology implementation, and new markets. Our clients include some of the largest players in the space, from multi-national Independent Power Producers to regionally-focused niche developers.
The principal responsibilities of this post include:
- Leading and managing the delivery of renewable energy project development scopes in accordance with the pre-defined budgets, deadlines and quality requirements.
- Be the main interface and manage the relationship with clients and contractors.
- Scopes to be project managed using internal Wood discipline experts may include but are not limited to:
- Site survey and field work including topo, biological, environmental, etc.
- Preliminary project design / layouts inluding energy yield assessments and hybrid system sizing and design
- Geotechnical and hydrological investigation and modelling
- Interconnection application creation and process management
- Regularly and accurately reporting the status of projects to management.\
- Add value, avoid/resolve issues, mitigate risks and manage project's finances and contracts by applying robust project management practices and experience from previous projects.
- Contribute to business development activities and assist in securing new opportunities for the company.
- Participation at site visits and meetings in the USA and abroad.
- Ensuring health, safety and environmental considerations are integral to the delivery of projects and project tasks.
- Disseminate knowledge and experiences to other team members, and supporting the development of the team and team members.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Masters Degree in Engineering or Renewables-related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the development and construction of renewable energy projects; experience in an Enginering Consulting firm preferred
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing solar and/or energy technology and projects
- Ability to prepare high quality, concise documents to convey project progress, status and financial information to internal and external project stakeholders
- Excellent communication (written and spoken) in English, with the abilty to engage and interface with stakeholders
- Demonstrated proficiency in Engineering standards, best practices and safety regulations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- A flexible and proactive approach to completing work
- Valid driving licence for use with in USA
- Willingness for occasional worldwide travel
- Must be US Citizen or authorized to work lawfully in the US, without sponsorship from Wood.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.