Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Mobile, Alabama, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced Chemical Engineer for their Chemicals Market Sector.
Wood is recognized globally and throughout many industries for this engineering capability. We tackle engineering projects ranging in complexity from simple to world class. Customers rely on our engineering design experience and lessons learned where we are able to provide certainty of outcome through world class project delivery. If you are looking for a job where you will be challenged, pushed to excel and given opportunities for growth and increasing responsibility we are convinced you will thrive and enjoy working at Wood. The Atlanta, Greenville, Mobile, Portland, and Tallahassee offices make up the engineering centers for US Operations within the Wood Project RE&P division.
Working in our Mobile, AL office, this engineer will join a team of process engineers designing and modifying facilities which produce chemicals, biochemicals, biofuels and related industrial products.
- Develop and/or oversee production of PFD & P&ID's
- Develop and/or oversee pump hydraulic calculations
- Develop and/or oversee heat exchanger sizing calculations.
- Assure quality of design documents and process deliverables
- Complete engineering tasks on EPC(m) projects
Skills / Qualifications
- The Successful candidate will have 5 - 30 years of experience
- Experience in the Consulting Industry is preferred
- A degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited school
- Professional Engineering License is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication is critical for this position
- Ability to work and excel in team environments is critical for this position
- Work in the greater Mobile, AL area.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.