Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood's Resilient Environments group based in Oakville, ON is currently seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer to join our dynamic mining team comprised of multi-disciplinary professionals and experts. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established and growing water resources group in a flexible work environment!
The Senior Engineer would work on a variety of exciting mining projects locally in Ontario, as well as internationally. Projects would range across a broad spectrum from supporting Environmental Assessment teams to permit a new mine, conducting studies and design work related to mine water management and treatment, and supporting the development of closure and remediation plans for abandoned mine sites. Candidates would have ample opportunity to grow and share their areas of technical expertise, as well as to learn and develop in new and innovative/cutting-edge fields.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrable experience in mine water management with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil / Environmental Engineering, and preferably a Master of Science degree or PhD and be eligible for Professional Engineer (P Eng) certification, accompanied by 10-15 years of experience, preferably in the mining industry.
- Coordinate and conduct mine water management studies, including:
- Mine water balances
- Water quality models
- Coordinate and support the design of mine site layouts in relation to water management
- Support project management and task coordination
- Support water treatment studies
- Direct and mentor Junior Staff
- Provide senior review for written reports and models
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree plus Master's or PhD in civil/environmental engineering
- 10-15 years of experience, preferably in the mining industry
- Demonstrated experience in mine water management
- Experience preparing water balance and statistical analyses; GoldSim experience a plus
- Experience using AutoCAD and GIS mapping software a plus
- Experience managing projects and small teams
- Technical writing and communication skills
- Strong work ethic
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.