Skills: Document Control
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a Project Controls/Scheduling Specialist to our global mining team reporting to our Denver, CO office. The position is available at our Chihuahua, Mexico office. This mid- to senior-level specialist will support financial management, including scheduling and budget tracking of mining related projects. The successful candidate will be working on a day-to-day basis collaborating with project managers and other team members.
- Developing project schedules to be included in projects ranging from order-of-magnitude level to detailed schedules suitable for detailed design.
- Creating and maintaining schedules for construction and design projects that are critical for project cost control and execution.
- Prior to the start of a project, develop baselined schedules coordinating with Project Manager and team to logically sequence all scope of work to be performed.
- Work extensively with subcontractors ensuring schedule requirement compliance, accurate and timely updates and slippage recovery.
- Verbal and written interface with project management team, cost engineers and construction team members.
- Maintain and progress baseline schedule for each project, along with identify and record the impacts of work performed.
- Interface with the client and project team to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Contribute to the development of working schedules for estimating prior to proposal date, which sufficiently illustrates the sequence of work activities and contract time.
- Incorporate resource and cost loading data into schedules.
- Provide information as needed on the content, modification or presentation of project schedule.
- Remain current on the advancements in scheduling software.
- Support the administrative tasks of our Chihuahua office.
- Approximately 5% - 10% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or comparable education.
- 7-10 years' experience in project controls and scheduling.
- Must be a self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of labor productivity, construction equipment requirements for various types of work, and direct and general conditions cost.
- Proficiency in Primavera and MS Project is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Flexible to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Must have attention to detail and produce high quality, error free documents.
- Approximately 5% - 10% overnight travel.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.