Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
We have a career opportunity for a Civil Engineer, to join our global mining team reporting to our Denver, CO office. The position is available at our Chihuahua, Mexico office. The successful candidate will provide civil engineering design and CQA Coordination in support of project managers delivering large civil engineering projects to our clients in the US, Mexico and South America. AutoCAD Civil 3D modeling proficiency and construction experience are a key requirement for this opportunity, as well as excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and will be a proactive problem solver.
Our ideal candidate has a mining infrastructure design/construction background. This individual will regularly support the Denver team and will regularly travel to sites.
We are also open to individuals with a civil land development background interested in transitioning into this field.
- Carry out analytical and design functions for projects at stages ranging from scoping to detailed engineering, construction and closure.
- Work approximately 50% in the office and 50% in the field. This can vary, depending on client needs.
- Provide Civil 3D design services for various mining projects.
- Develop and carry out geotechnical investigations, laboratory testing plans and instrumentation installation.
- Provide civil engineering services related to tailings, heap leach and mine waste facilities.
- Perform calculation and design of water management infrastructure.
- Calculation of MTOs and provide construction specifications.
- Provide construction quality assurance (CQA) services for mining projects.
- Be encouraged to become a senior contributing member of the Wood E&IS Inc. Mining Group, which is a global team of professionals responsible for the design, operating assistance and closure/reclamation planning of tailings, leach and mine waste facilities around the world.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil. MS in related area is a plus.
- Candidate must be Registered as Professional Engineer in Mexico - (Cedula Profesional).
- 7 - 10 years + of experience.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D advanced level is preferred.
- CQA field experience for earthworks and geomembrane installation on mining projects is required.
- Experience in tailings dam and/or heap leach design and construction is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients.
- Ability to think "outside the box" to create innovative engineering and design solutions.
- Demonstrated maturity in judgment and initiative
- Demonstrated report writing skills.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.