Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Redcar, England, United Kingdom
Wood is looking for an HSSE Lead to support our new Project at North East.
The HSSE Lead is responsible for the provision of timely advice and guidance on all matters pertaining to Health, Safety and Environment with respect to Legislation, Company Policy and Management System and Client requirements, thereby reducing risks to the business.
What you will be doing:
- Providing strategic advice and guidance to their Managers on all HSE related matters
- Rolling out of Group HSE annual objectives and initiatives and development of company HSE objectives
- Providing support to Business Unit/Contract/Project Managers and HSE Advisors in the development and roll-out of Group HSE objectives and other initiatives
- Providing support to senior Managers in incident and accident investigations through the use of an appropriate Investigation process (e.g. Helix or Taproot)
- Monitoring 'best-practice' and developing 'leading-edge' HSE initiatives as appropriate to the business they are supporting
- Completion of Management Support Visits to installations and work-sites
- Providing support to senior Managers and HSE Advisors in the timely reporting of both leading and lagging HSE Indicators
- Undertaking lagging indicator reviews of incident/accident trends and providing timely advice to Senior Managers and Corporate Management on actions and initiatives
- Providing mentorship and training for graduate/new recruits into the HSE team as appropriate
- Providing cross-Business Unit support as required
- Carrying-out HSE Inductions for New-starts
- Developing HSE presentational material to support inductions and Group initiatives
Skills / Qualifications
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent HSE qualification (NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ 5)
- Demonstratable previous experience of HSESS within O&G, Pharma, heavy civil engineering, or other regulated industries across the EMEA region.
- Chartered or Grad IOSH- or equivalent preferred.
- Broad understanding of sustainable business practice and environmental management
- Strong project management with demonstratable previous experience in methods such as PRINCE2, Lean, Six Sigma, SCRUM etc. - essential.
- Will have had deep involvement in various field development and operational arenas and in applying process and occupational health and safety principles.
- Knowledge and ability to development, support, and work within a key HSSES Management System structure
- Strong HSSES operations knowledge and ability as it relates to business strategic priorities and growth plans.
- Strong practical experience of HSESS application on the worksite
- Knowledge and ability to apply relevant technical and regulatory codes and standards.
- Strong technical skills regarding, problem solving, HSESS best practices would be an advantage.
- Promote HSESS excellence and advocate continuous improvement of work processes and systems.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with functional areas and other operating areas.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong positive relationships with all levels of the organization and third parties
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.