Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist with extensive experience in asbestos sampling and analysis. Are you an environmental scientist with 10-15 years of experience who enjoys a mix of field and office work? Are you looking to work with a worldwide company with an established team of professionals? Wood Environment and Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a senior scientist to work with our environmental services team in Georgia. We have an excellent career opportunity for an individual with strong technical-scientific skills.
- Asbestos sampling, sample analysis, and field data collection
- Laboratory work
- Data analysis
- Report writing
Skills / Qualifications
- Scientist with 10 to 15 years' experience in collection of bulk samples of building materials for the analysis by PLM to determine the presence of asbestos,
- AHERA Asbestos Inspector Accreditation,
- Experienced with the identification of asbestos minerals in bulk material samples utilizing Polarized Light Microscopy and with the ability to demonstrate proficiency,
- NIOSH 582 or equivalent training certificate, experienced with the collection, analysis, and reporting of air samples using Phase Contrast Microscopy, and with the ability to demonstrate proficiency,
- Experienced with the operation, safety, and knowledge of in-place paint sampling utilizing a NITON X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) analyzer,
- Competency in computers and database applications,
- Able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds, climb ladders at times in excess of 30 feet, work in appropriate protective clothing with personal protective equipment including respirators,
- Position requires significant travel (95-100%) to and between South Georgia and South Alabama,
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Wood's driving (MVR) policy. In addition, client requires additional background check prior to approval for site access. Also subject to client-administered random drug screening.
Preference will be given to applicant who has asbestos sampling and analysis experience on-site at Nuclear Power Generation plants and/or has been previously cleared for similar work by Southern Nuclear Corp.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.