Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Our Client is looking for a G&A Accountant on a staff basis based in Aberdeen.
Purpose of Role
• This role works within the Financial Services team and is responsible for providing high quality finance information to Operations and the Group Finance function.
Areas of Responsibility Competence Level
Provide high quality management information through change
• Provide support to high quality and timely financial and management reporting, budget and business plan which supports the business objectives
• Assist in the development of reporting systems driving automation wherever possible
• Support business strategy and deliver objectives, performance and growth
• Support external audit process
• Work closely with other functions to ensure effective relationships and business delivery
Direct G&A Support
• Support for the creation of master-data
• Support for transactional data entry to finance ledgers
• Support for integrity of financial records for G&A expenditure and allocations
• Prepare and issue G&A reports and assist HR with headcount reporting
• Prepare and book G&A transactions and accruals as required
• Support preparation of G&A budget, plan and forecasts
• Support function and asset managers regarding G&A
• Provide time writing and allocations analysis from G&A cascade model
• Support company initiatives such as EMS as required
• Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager
Critical Skills* Qualifications Experience
• Degree and part or qualified accountant of recognised body ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent with appropriate industry experience
• Good knowledge of upstream oil and gas G&A accounting
• Excellent experience with proven track record
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience of Finance systems
• Strong MS Office skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and adept at interacting with individuals at all levels in the organisation
• Focus on service delivery to business and functions
• Flexible and responsive to stakeholder requirements and changing environment
• Ability to deliver high quality work by deadlines and work effectively under time pressure
• Ability to work on own initiative, proactively drive change, take responsibility and manage tasks through to completion
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
COMMUNICATION AND INFLUENCE
Understands the value of clear, well thought out communication and active listening, coupled with honest and respectful responses to achieve positive outcomes and maintain productive relationships.
ACCOUNTABILITY, DECISION MAKING AND JUDGEMENT
Understands that part of business success is a result of individual and collective decision-making, based on sound judgement, competency and integrity.
Willing to accept responsibility for their actions and executes work in an honest and respectful way that materially influences how Company and its employees are perceived by stakeholders.
Recognises the importance of fact over opinion and that the best solution may not always be the most obvious.
As a team member, displays a consultative, non-territorial and collegiate approach that promotes trust and support.
As a manager, recognises that caring passionately about the welfare and wellbeing of their people as much as the business itself delivers and sustains a positive team dynamic, commitment, team spirit, pride, trust and group identity.
LEADERSHIP AND SUPERVISION
As a leader, develops a broad understanding of Company's Core Values and Business Principles. Recognises opportunities and threats, industry trends, emerging technology and displays initiative, energy and commitment in carrying out Company's Core Values through inspiration, an active coaching style utilising appropriate resources and a safe proactive culture.
As a supervisor, has clarity of purpose to successfully influence and focus the team on the safe achievement of the planned objective utilising effective planning and appropriate resources.
Ensures that the right information is provided at the right time to promote excellent decision making; takes advantage of the collective expertise of team members to undertake and deliver the work; encourages knowledge exchange within the team; helps decide where to invest critical resources; links long-range visions and concepts to daily work tasks.
Recognises and supports the notion that €˜their success is my success' and that investing in coaching time is advantageous for both Company and the development of individuals.
Takes proactive and timely steps to prevent situations that could otherwise result in unnecessary confrontations and negatively affect the ability to work together in a positive and constructive manner.
Possesses the ability to carefully and systematically tackle a problem in a timely fashion, utilising a logical approach to deliver a safe and economical outcome.
Takes active responsibility for the achievement of collective and personal goals and objectives within agreed timeframes within the framework of Company's Core Values and Business Principles.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.