Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Arbroath, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, an SQP will have a working understanding of all expectations of his/her role. SQP Role/Expectations: May perform inspection of various operations activities and of supplier produced parts.
- Recommends and leads efforts for establishing and sustaining supplier improvement processes.
- As needed, may generate reports of conditions found during inspection activities, notifies Supplier Quality management and internal customers as requested of significant problems, and completes documentation necessary to attest to satisfactory completion of inspection or test activities.
- Responsible for performing quality evaluations on standard and routine processes and products according to engineering drawings, specifications, prescribed methods, and instructions.
- May identify and report non-conformance to known standards using various measuring and testing methods.
- Provide technical expertise concerning quality systems improvements, inspection techniques, root cause analysis, and effective corrective action.
- Performs onsite supplier quality systems assessment and evaluation.
- Communicate identified process/procedure concerns to Core Teams and broader organization as necessary.
- Provide supplier recommendations for specific projects and strategy fulfillment.
- Measure baseline and quantify improvements. Distribute improvements to broader organization as needed.
- Facilitate and assist with process improvement implementation.
- Monitor future state to ensure the delivery of expected results and benefits.
- Stabilize process/quality systems for new supplier.
- Facilitate training and prior lessons learned.
- Provide input for RFQ analysis and recommend awards to Core Team as needed.
- Provide timely technical assistance in regards to supplier quality systems and inspection through FAS, initial production, and transition to stable supply chain.
- Identify and resolve exceptions, root cause analysis and corrective actions/recovery plan to Core Team through defined communication plan.
- Monitor/co-manage supplier performance for assigned suppliers to ensure continuous supply chain stability with the broader organization.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in Engineering, Applied Science or related Technical Field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Engineering, Applied Science or related Technical Field.
Expertise/Certification/application experience in following areas are preferred:
•IPC-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies
•IPC-620 Requirements and Acceptance for Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
•IPC-600 Acceptability of Printed Boards
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Simpson Road, Arbroath, Angus, DD11 2NJ, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 125171
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.