Skills: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Senior Electrical Designer
Contract (Inside IR35)
- Experience in FEED and Detail Engineering projects for Oil&Gas (on-shore & off-shore)
- Use of AutoCAD 2-D (2018 onwards), BricsCAD (20.2), Dialux
- Checking of 3D models
- Participates on Model Reviews as and when required
- Produces design work in conformance with applicable codes and standards
- Electrical installation design including plant layout, power, lighting and earthing, substation layout, power and cabling routing, electrical bulks generation (MTO).
- Drafting of SLDs and Protection & Metering diagrams
- Ability to liaise design interface issues with other disciplines typically piping and civils
- Interact with Lead Engineers / Engineers for drafting inputs
- Checks works of other designers for accuracy, completeness and / or conformance flow, related data and coordination with other discipline's work
- Prepares and Checks MTO in connection with the drawings of his/her assigned project
- Function as checker for discipline deliverables per instruction from Lead Designer / Engineer
- Ability to produce deliverables on schedule, of the correct quality and technical content.
- Fully conversant with ICT tools (e.g. Microsoft Office/ TEAMS)
- Minimum HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline
- Demonstrable experience in the relevant field
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.