Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: BN, Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting for a Rigging Supervisor to join our growing team in Brunei.
• Directly responsible to Construction Superintendent and LOLER FP for the team of Riggers
• Responsible for the supervision of all rigging activities
• Fully conversant in the art of rigging and must be able to define and control all rigging classifications
• To be aware of and be familiar with system of working when undertaking construction works
• Be aware of and practice in full the requirements of total safety in all operations to achieve best results at all times
• Must be capable of working independently both on board or away from the vessel either on anchor handling tug or in the Fabrication yard
• Selection of correct slings and shackles for all lifts
• Removal from service and destruction of any slings which require replacement
• Slinging and controlling lifts by the crane or winches in safe and efficient manner
• Able to determine suitable rigging devices and implementing the task to safely and effectively position pipework equipment etc.
• Erecting and operating a gin-pole or "A" frame to lift, place or erect pipework equipment or derricks
• Must be familiar with and taking charge of anchor buoy and pennant recovery and handling on board during spread moves
• For ensuring that all rigging equipment is properly maintained, inspected and that all certification is current.
• Must be able to assemble all types of pipe work, welded, screwed or flanged in a neat and workmanlike manner.
• A working understanding of the statutory lifting regulations
• Support Nationalisation Programme and development of local personnel
• Ensure Risk Assessment and Tool Box Talks completed and implemented
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.