Skills: Process Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is seeking Process Engineers to join the Mining & Minerals team in Perth, Western Australia.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. As industries shift to lower carbon technologies to address climate change, demand is expected to increase for mined materials needed to power our modern world. Wood is currently delivering critical minerals projects globally including nickel, cobalt, copper, lithium, vanadium and rare earth projects.
Based on current and upcoming study and project opportunities within our Mining & Minerals business, we are seeking suitably qualified Process Engineers at all levels to be involved in a range of unique and technically challenging projects. You will join likeminded, agile industry peers who are highly qualified, experienced and recognised industry innovators to create new possibilities.
As a Process Engineer you will:
- Deliver best practice process designs in accordance with project, time, budget and technical requirements
- Develop innovative solutions to complex process and technical problems for a wide range of commodities
- Plan, execute and analyse bench-scale and pilot-plant metallurgical testwork programs to support process designs
- Prepare process engineering deliverables and technical reports
- Ensure process designs meet required safety standards and actively participate in design reviews
Working in a collegiate team culture from our centrally located Perth CBD offices, you will also enjoy free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym and superb end of trip facilities to ensure you make the most of Western Australia's lifestyle.
Skills / Qualifications
Due to a range of study and project opportunities, we are looking for Process Engineers at all levels with relevant hydrometallurgical experience. As an engineer with qualifications in Chemical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, or another related field from a recognised institution, you will have (depending on level):
- Relevant experience in hydrometallurgical plant design. Experience with commodities such as lithium, nickel, cobalt, copper and rare earths would be highly regarded
- Appropriate experience in the mining or minerals processing industry
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical, literacy and numeracy skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- Experience with process simulation software such as SysCAD and/or METSIM would be highly regarded
If you are a suitably qualified Process Engineer looking for a career opportunity without peer, we encourage you to apply.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.