Skills: Piping Technician
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting for a Supervisor Piping to join our growing team in Brunei.
The Supervisor Piping role has the overall responsibility for construction activities on the platform and is supervisor for a team of tradesmen (pipefitters, structural, mechanical, welders, riggers, scaffolders, painters,). The supervisor is supported by a group of foremen, discipline tradesman, material controller, planner, completions engineer, vendor specialists and trade supervisors the work force varies dependent on the scope of work.
- The overall responsibility for the construction supervisor is to execute all activities in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with applicable safety instructions and other Company procedures taking responsibility for both own and colleagues' safety
- The construction supervisor is to ensure that in all matters safety and technical assessments are made, due diligence is observed, and initiative taken to secure the best results
- On site supervision of construction personnel
- Ensure and encourage good teamwork in the construction group offshore
- Ensure close co - operation and coordination with the BSP Operations teams offshore
- Ensure the work is carried out in a professional manner and in compliance with applicable contracts, Company policies and relevant laws and regulations
- Estimation and planning of construction jobs
- Planning and coordination of construction manning in accordance with activity plans in close coordination with the Construction Support group onshore
- Coordinate materials delivery with support from the Construction Coordinator onshore
- Actively monitor work progress and report back to the Construction Superintendent and planner
- Participation in preparing punch lists for construction jobs
- Finalize as - built documentation
- Support of completions QA / QC
- Support of Commissioning team
- Support of Mechanical Isolation and DFPV activities
- Undertake constructability assessments and offshore surveys before commencement of Pre - Turnaround, Turnaround and Post turnaround activities
- Work closely with the Construction Superintendent and planners to maximize productivity
Skills / Qualifications
- The preferred candidate has a distinct leader profile encouraging teamwork both horizontally & vertically
- Be at ease in a dynamic and challenging environment with shifting priorities and varying project volumes
- The preferred candidate has a technical education and minimum 4 - 6 years' experience as Construction Supervisor or Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry
- Proficiency in Malay and English verbally and in writing is a pre - requisite
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.