Skills: Operations Management, Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Operations Superintendent on a 4/4 or 5/3 rotation based in Basra, Iraq.
- Lead and manage the Degassing Station Operations team in a safe, efficient, reliable and environmentally sound manner to ensure that the company objectives and targets (volumes, opex, capex) are achieved in line with WQ1FOD and WP&B commitments.
- Lead productive impact across WQ1FOD functions; identify and eliminate barriers to achieve maximizing Asset performance
- Responsible and accountable to manage all oil and gas operations activities performed at WQ1 field by ensuring activities are integrated in accordance with the Production Unit ALT's plans
- Participate at regular ALT meetings and drive performance improvements to increase oil production and reliability.
- Responsible and accountable for communicating FOD expectations on job safety, health, environmental and security
- Mentor direct reports and FOD-counterpart on their roles and responsibilities to help foster and develop strong leadership principles within the operating organization
- Develop and review operating procedures to enhance operational skills and effectiveness
- Manage interfaces with Maintenance, Reservoir and Wellwork Departments to sustain asset integrity and profitability. Also inform and consult Asset management timely regarding
- Effectively communicate with all Senior Operation Field Superintendents, operation supervisors, Wellwork and Reservoir as well as contracting support groups
- Build up an integrated view of job ownership and extended accountability of Operations team members. Ensure personnel have the necessary qualifications and certification to conduct field operations task.
Degassing Station Management
- Apply good business judgments to make best business solutions/decisions in maximizing asset value and performance
- Review and approve deviation to approved work procedures as per Management of Change and work approval process
- Support the application of FOD Policy in relation to the Drug and Alcohol policy, Company Ethics, Award conditions, etc, while respecting and protecting the personal rights of subordinates
- Support Incident Management both internally and externally (as per the Reporting Matrix) and escalate awareness as per the Incident Reporting Guidelines
- Focus the operations organization towards the prime target of safe and reliable operations and ensure that the corresponding prerequisites are in place.
- Minimize volume related downtime and identify system performance issues. Track and analyze water injection and associated oil productivity. Initiate regular contractor performance meetings.
Training and Personnel Management
- Responsible for ensuring that all Operations personnel have individual training plans
- Responsible for instilling basic equipment operations and troubleshooting skills/capabilities in Operations team members.
Skills / Qualifications
- 15 - 20 years plus experience in ExxonMobil Oil and Gas Operations - required
- 5 years previous key management position within an operating oil or gas field - required
- Solution/action oriented versus simply problem reporting
- Good communications (oral & written) in English
- Highest standard of Safety, Health, Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others.
- Ability to interact in a multi-cultural environment
- Previously worked in a leadership position.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with third party contractors, business partners and local communities.
- Good understanding of facilities, operations, reservoir, wellwork, equipment integrity and maintenance
- Advanced understanding of safety management tools (Stepback 5x5, Job Safety Analysis, Risk Assessment), Production Operations Best Practices (POBP), Life Saving Actions and Work Management Systems
- Good management /supervisory, interpersonal and motivation ski
- Good understanding of West Qurna 1 Project Philosophy and Design
- Understanding of West Qurna 1 Project systems and practices.
- Understanding of West Qurna 1 Project commercial agreement
- Maximo (Procurement System)
- Work Management System (WMS)
- Management Controls Reporting System (MCRS)
- Asset Level Team Process
- PI (Production Information)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.