Skills: Construction Engineer, Construction Superintendent
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a collaborative maintenance contract with Ampol to deliver leading maintenance services to their Lytton site.
We are currently seeking an experienced Construction Coordinator who is well rounded and can manage multiple trades and contractors. The successful candiate will have the following charactistics:
- Proven experience in Construction supervision / Crew leader roles
- Actively commits to being a OH&S Leader
- Ability to motivate Implementation Contractor effective and safe manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound technical knowledge of base discipline and appreciation of other disciplines with ability to communicate and resolve technical issues
- At all times maintains a high degree proactive communication, reporting and performance.
The role is Brisbane-based and at this time we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for surveillance of Implementation Contractor site construction activities and ensure safe and efficient execution of tasks
- Support planning and organisation site Implementation work activities, in line with project schedules, in a timely manner to ensure information, materials, tools and equipment are available to avoid minimal disruption to Implementation Contractor workforce
- Review field work to ensure completed to the required standards and specifications
- Participates in daily toolbox talks with workforce at the beginning of each day
- Coordinates implementation Contractor and sub-contractors to support construction schedules and activities
- Acts as technical conduit at site between engineering and construction personnel and manages TQ's and site queries.
- Key contact focal point for site package management installation activities.
- Responsible for Daily Reports for Schedule feedback.
- Responsible for document control activities at site.
- Identify any opportunities / issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for reviewing the necessary permits (raised by others) and risk assessments for work activities
- Ensures the quality of the drawing "As Builds', timely certification sign off and close out of work packs.
- Ensure material, tools and equipment are fit for purpose, checked and certified prior to use.
- Provide proactive Construction input into the Project and Engineering Design
- Responsible for Quality Handover/Feedback to back to back Coordinator.
If you're an experienced Construction Coordinator and ready for your next role, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Applications close Friday 6 February, 2022
Wood recognise the importance of an inclusive and culturally diverse workforce. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Women and members of the LGBTIQ community to achieve a truly representative workplace.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.