Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
Are you excited by electrical engineering?
Are you passionate about designing electrical solutions that make an impact?
Join our Services and Offshore Team
We devise smarter systems to control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Innovating in the energy industry, our subsea and surface pressure capabilities are industry-leading. Our Intervention and Workover Control Systems (IWOCS) & Production Hydraulic Power Unit (PHPU) Centre of Excellence is providing standard and bespoke solutions to meet customer needs globally.
Partner with the best
The Lead Electrical Engineer will be working with the PHPU team mainly as part of an experienced team of engineers and closely collaborate and support tasks when and if needed for the IWOCS team for the IWOCS HPUs.
As a Lead Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Executing the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
- Providing technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project
- Documenting technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Providing timely communications on significant issues or developments
- Participating on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues and / or as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews
- Assuring proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Writing of documents / procedures / drawings:Equipment Functional Design Specification; Equipment Design Requirement List; Equipment Data Sheet; Electrical Single Line Diagram; Electrical Wiring diagram; Cabinet Layouts
- Managing Electrical calculations and analyses of power consumption and electrical communications
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering with significant industrial experience
- Have knowledge and experience within engineering, project planning, risk management, EHS and QA
- Have proven experience with drawing electrical schematics
- Have experience with electrical component selection
- Have experience in control cabinet construction
- Have experience with EPLAN or similar electric schematic design tool
- Have experience with offshore related projects
- Have good language and communication skills in English
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Up to 2 days working remotely from home or any other work location
- Flexibility within the day or week to get the job done
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.