Skills: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Tucker, Georgia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for experienced Senior Process for their Power Market Sector.
Wood is recognized globally and throughout many industries for this engineering capability. We tackle engineering projects ranging in complexity from simple to world class. Customers rely on our engineering design experience and lessons learned where we are able to provide certainty of outcome through world class project delivery.
The engineer will join a team of mechanical and process engineers designing and modifying facilities which produce chemicals, biochemicals, biofuels and related industrial products.
- Responsible for producing safe, technically accurate and cost effective mechanical, piping system and equipment designs and deliverables for chemical facilities, ensuring compliance with applicable specifications and standards and completing work within project budget and schedule
- Individual responsibility will be commensurate with capability and experience level
- Works within a project team environment
- Become familiar with project and department procedures
- Prepare data sheets, equipment specifications, inquiry requisitions, technical bid evaluations, purchase requisitions and change orders
- Provide updates to the Project equipment list and P&IDs
- Assist in preparation of equipment cost, size, and weight estimates
- Review and markup vendor data for compliance to the purchase requisition and project requirements, ensuring consistency with primary project documents (Equipment List, PFDs, P&IDs)
- Coordinate with engineering and design disciplines to ensure that equipment interfaces with process/utility systems, piping, electrical, instrumentation, and structural are effectively implemented; work with design groups to ensure 3D model accurately depicts equipment/package components
- Communicate effectively with project team, vendors and client; inform Project Lead of significant issues and changes impacting manhours, cost or schedule
- Manage and coordinate technical issues for equipment purchase orders through equipment FAT and delivery
- Understand and monitor package milestone dates related to material purchase, issuance of documents, fabrication, inspection / testing and delivery; help expedite vendors to meet purchase order requirements / project schedule
- Coordinate with package inspector(s). Read inspection reports, attend pre-inspection meetings, prepare vendor site visit reports, attend witnessed tests, attend final inspection, and help resolve quality issues
Skills / Qualifications
- The successful candidate will have 15 years plus of related industry experience
- Experience in the Consulting Industry is preferred
- Working knowledge of applicable codes and standards (ASME, ANSI, API, ASTM, ASCE, NFPA, NACE, OSHA)
- A degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited school
- Professional Engineering License is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication is critical for this position
- Ability to work and excel in team environments is critical for this position
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.