Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Are you ready to join Team Wood? You'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll feel proud to be part of the team. You will be a part of a strong, global company shaping the future of the world's oil & gas, che micals, renewables, environment & infrastructure, power & process, and mining markets.
Wood is seeking a Cost Control Specialist to join the team in St. John's.
- Developing the project WBS in conjunction with the Project Leader and Project Planner in accordance with contract requirements.
- Establishing project control budgets in line with the project WBS based on the Client approved Project Estimate.
- Developing a period profile of costs based on the project schedule, performance metrics, forecast labour, contract rates, procurement plans, subcontracts and other third-party services.
- Reviewing cost commitment and expenditure information, for all cost elements, in the cost control and reporting system on a regular basis.
- Production of cost reports and advising management of any forecast deviations to allow appropriate actions to be taken in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a comprehensive accessible register of project changes.
- Updating the Current Budget and project forecast as appropriate in line with pending and Client approved changes.
- Undertaking commercial evaluation of tenders in conjunction with procurement and contracts personnel.
- Liaising with the finance department with regards to evaluation of work performed, goods received, and services rendered for invoice preparation and verification.
- Assessing potential commitments in comparison to approved project baselines, prior to formal commitment and highlighting variances for corrective or change management actions.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience working in an Engineering environment or in the Oil & Gas industry is preferred.
- A Technical Diploma, Business/Commerce Degree, or an Engineering Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Engineers must be registered, or eligible for registration, with the Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Strong computer skills including cost management software.
- Experience with Oracle E-Business Suite preferred.
- Knowledge of design and implementation of projects in the Oil & Gas industry in an offshore environment.
- Highly effective planning and organizational skills.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.