Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 25 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Consultant - Electrical with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Feasibility / concept studies
- Front End Engineering Design (FEED)
- Detail design within Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects in a multi-disciplined project team environment.
3. Design experience in all aspects of:
- Power Generation and Distribution including high voltage installations
- Electrical system control including interfaces with plant control systems via hard-wire, serial and fibre optic links
- Plant design and equipment layout
4. Discipline expert in the production and checking of common electrical design deliverables including:
- Single Line Diagrams
- Block Cable Diagrams
- Schematic/Connection Diagrams
- General Electrical Equipment Layouts including Sub-Station Layouts
- Lighting Layouts
- Earthing Layouts
- Hazardous Area Layouts
- Cable & Drum Schedule
5. Discipline expert in the activities, procedures, and methods associated with electrical systems design development including:
- Cable Scheduling and Routing Design (above and below ground) *
- Lighting Design (including lighting design software application)
- Earthing Systems
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Electrical Bulk Material Take-off and Requisitioning (Ideally this should include a full working knowledge of India Operations proprietary database applications for Cable and bulk material management but for applicants from outside the company, a familiarity with similar systems and with MS Access should be demonstrated).
6. Be fully conversant with Company procedures, technical work practices, workings and policy.
7. Keep up to date with the latest technological advancements and best practices within the electrical specialisation.
8. Continue professional development by attendance to in and out of company technical training
9. Facilitate work share project execution with our associated offices
10. Discipline expert in the application of Industry standard CAD systems (AutoCAD/MicroStation) for the production of 2-D electrical drawings
11. Ability to interpret the requirements of design and CAD standards and apply to design deliverables. This includes general electrical industry and client specific design standards.
12. Familiarity with international design standards e.g. IEC/CENELEC/ATEX (European) and ANSI/NEC (American).
13. Experienced in managing the development of electrical design within a 3-D model environment via industry standard 3-D CAD modelling systems (PDS/PDMS/E3D/SP3D/REVIT)
14. Expert in managing design interface issues with other disciplines typically:
- Layout/piping group for general plant layout issues including Substation building integration and overhead cable route (ladder rack) space reservation
- Civil group for major electrical equipment supports and underground cable route requirements
- C&I group for motor control, overall system monitoring and maintained power system requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- Trade Certificate of Industrial Training Institute - Electrical or Equivalent (Essential)
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics or Equivalent (Desirable)
- 25+ years of relevant experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.