Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bunbury, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is currently looking for an experienced E&I Supervisor with a minimum of 5 years in a similar role living locally in Western Australia with Construction experience. Make the change over summer to the cooler seaside climate of the south west of Western Australia.
Join our collaborative team, working side by side with a global specialist chemicals company on a new and innovative project in the growing Lithium resources market to construct a world class processing facility. This contract role will supervise contractors in the construction and completion of trains 1and train 2 on the Kemerton Lithium Project.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- Supervision of electrical contractors on site ensuring that they adhere to project standards and specifications
- Verifying the contractors' workforce to ensure that they are qualified to carry out the works
- Providing direction and facilitation to contractors
- Planning and coordinating the contractors' works
- Ensuring that the contractors and project construction plans are adhered to
- Working with other supervisors to establish the working priorities
- Assisting contractors in order to get sufficient equipment and personnel on-site to ensure the works are progressed as per the project schedule
- Ensuring the works are carried out in accordance with the project quality standards and procedures
- Focusing on safety and ensuring that all the contractors' workforce adheres to the project HSE standards
- Reviewing and identifying any work methods that will result in improved efficiency and productivity in the workplace
- Ensuring that contractors reports, records, timesheets, and invoices are promptly delivered as per the contract
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years overall experience on construction sites including 3 years as a supervisor
- Licenced Electrical Worker
- Hold or willingness to obtain a Construction Induction Card
- Hazardous area competencies (Highly Favourable)
- HV Switching competencies (Highly Favourable)
- Ability to schedule and multi-task
- Be a good problem solver
- Generally knowledgeable in construction
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Knowledge of safety and industrial relations and commitment to compliance
- High literacy and interpersonal skills for clear communication
- Ability to articulate and exemplify the purpose and ethos of the organisation
- Thorough knowledge of and hands-on experience with, the development and monitoring of schedules
Candidates must have unrestricted full working rights in Australia to be considered for this role and be COVID vaccinated or have a valid exemption.
If you're an experienced E&I Supervisor, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now to discuss this opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.