Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
Building on a very high level of technical knowledge and experience, the Technical Sales Representative (TSR) proactively and strategically sells specific tools, technologies, and services across the Weatherford portfolio. In alignment with the agreed sales plan, the TSR ensures a high level of technical knowledge support is provided to the sales and account management team. The role also works to establish customer relationships that enable the identification of customer needs and the positioning of Weatherford solutions.
- Responsible for adopting consistent & effective use of the available Technology (SFDC.com, XAIT-Porter)
- Follows up on leads & opportunities assigned to them - creates, updates & closes leads in SFDC
- Accountable for the technical review & commercial proposal using Xait-Porter, inc; initial pricing
- Oversees the tender development and response process, ensures all resources are available for highest quality submissions
- Liaise with Commercial Operations to ensure efficient and effective tender management inc negotiations
- Liaise with the legal department for contract drafting and execution
- Responsible for advising client whether or not the Company wishes to participate in the opportunity
- Responsible for discussing the technical specifications with the client & gaining client feedback
- Understands customer's needs and ensures products and services are marketed, positioned and understood by key decision makers in customer organizations.
- Responsible for responding to the Client Engagement Plan to enhance the profitability of the company through Weatherford provision of products and services to new & existing customers
- Proposes solutions to customers formally (through pitches, presentations & tender submissions) and informally through networks, relationships, discussions
- Responsible for relaying competitive information back to the appropriate PL stakeholders, inc: pricing, product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology etc.
- Responsible for developing specific client application value propositions
- Responsible for the generation of annual revenue targets through the creation and conversion of account plans
- Drives Co alignment by ensuring the integration of all sales activities into a single client account plan
- As a minimum undertakes quarterly reviews of their account plans with the Geozone Sales leader and Account Managers
- Take relevant actions to identify and address revenue 'gaps' for the year to ensure target achievement
- The Technical Sales role is a very technical role that supports the sales process.
- Min university degree in related engineering discipline.
- 10 years of Industry technical / operational experience including 3 years sales experience.
- The candidate needs to have a strong understanding of :
- Well workover and intervention operations
- Production operations and optimisation techniques
- Business development acumen
- Strong inter-personal skills to be able to effectively engage - both externally as well as internally
- Strong technical knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry
- Broad knowledge of sales process, policies, products & services
- Excellent communication skills