As a key part of the digital team, the Digital Content Editor works closely with MarCom Managers, product champions, field engineers, and subject matter experts to develop clear, compelling copy for customer-facing digital content for use on both website and social media channels. This person will be instrumental in converting traditional collateral content into formats best suited for website and digital channels, and can proactively identify potential opportunities for content repurposing on the web. Roles and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Work with others on the creative team to ensure that digital deadlines coincide with other marketing collateral deadlines and are completed on brand, on time, and to editorial quality standards.
- Understand Schlumberger business goals and key differentiators as well as competitors' offerings while keeping up with internally changing trends in messaging.
- Edit marketing collateral as needed while adhering to an internal communications handbook and style guidelines.
- Maintain site governance by developing standard work instructions for site authoring and publishing as well as managing workflow to ensure timely completion.
- Determine the target audience, solution-based messaging, and how Schlumberger products and services benefit the customer.
- Digital first mindset, but crafting content and positioning statements that can serve as the basis of all associated marketing materials and collateral.
- Continuously improve and optimize content by keeping up to date on related marketing technologies, trends, and personas.
- Work with sales and lead generation by processing online sales leads.
- Daily work inside Sitecore content management system (CMS) and other Schlumberger data repositories.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, or related field.
- Proficiency with authoring content on digital platforms, A/B testing, and writing for the web.
- Excellent editing, writing, spelling, and grammar and language usage ability.
- Strong creative, teamwork, project management, personnel management, and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of basic HTML or Sitecore CMS experience.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
- Core competencies:
- Proficiency in Sitecore CMS-Ability to upload and create new content.
- Writing for the Web-Understanding of and proficiency with "short form" writing for quick reference reading, subject line creation, and key word placement for search optimization.
- Stakeholder Customer Service-Anticipate stakeholder needs with professional tact.
- Project Management-Ability to manage multiple one-off projects while maintaining regular content calendar requirements.
- Editorial Guidelines Compliance-Adhere to the editorial style established in the Communications Handbook and strive to minimize mistakes and editorial errors, while keeping up with online trends and best prentices to understand when shifting gears for digital channels is necessary.
- Interpersonal Awareness-Understand and respect others, team player.
- Leadership-Self-starter that leads by example to create high-quality content that adheres to Communications Handbook with the ability to be flexible as guidelines change during change and transition.
- SEO Knowledge-Understand SEO best practices, keyword research, optimization best practices, and reviewing Google Analytics dashboards in Google Data Studio.
- Preferred qualifications/requirements:
- Strong domain knowledge of well, surface, subsea, and midstream production systems, including completions and downhole artificial lift systems, wellheads and surface production pumps, subsea equipment and processing, and process facilities and production technologies.
- Knowledge of oilfield terminology and business practices.
- Familiar with the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Experience with project management systems.
- 3-5 years' experience in professional writing/editing/communication, web writing, marketing, and working with creative teams.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.