Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
The Well Site Supervisor must be proficient in managing all aspects related to Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) as well as mentoring junior personnel. Duties and responsibilities are to supervise, manage, lead or delegate aspects of the rig up, maintenance and operation of all MPD equipment on the rig site and base when required.
The Well Site Supervisor is the focal point between the client, rig personnel, Weatherford crew and office, they are accountable to oversee all operational aspects relating to the MPD equipment on the rig.
This position will also provide onshore Engineer and operations support and assist with equipment preparation including repair and maintenance as required for their project. Additionally, the Well Site Supervisor may be required to work in client bases or yards to prepare for projects.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- At the discretion of product line management (such as the Engineering Manager, Operations Manager, or their designee) will be responsible for working in the shop or office. This will include but not limited to green tagging, preparing, and/or assisting with shipping equipment to job site.
- Responsible for daily communication with the clients rig site representative, client's office, and other services companies on location. Collaborate with the field engineer for technical down knowledge and assistance when needed.
- This individual is responsible for all Managed Pressure Drilling Operation on the rig, from a technical, equipment and safety aspect
- Trained and Certified to operate and troubleshoot Victus MPD system
- Responsible to manage and operate Victus choke system during actual MPD operations
- Manage MPD package Asset and Inventory count, report same back to operations Manager on a weekly basis.
- Can demonstrate, apply knowledge and perform all hands on functions of all operations of MPD including rig up, operating, event identification and downhole theory, maintenance, changing RCD elements and trouble shooting
- Interacts with 3rd party service providers on the rig, such as the mud loggers, mud company, MWD and directional services, etc.
- Responsible for managing and tracking inventory and sending signed job tickets to the office
- Train and mentor all crew members
- Participate in pre and post job meetings with the clients and Weatherford onshore team
- Responsible for making sure equipment is functional and inventory lists complete before sending equipment to location as well as green tagging manifold.
- Follow all QHSE procedures and report any incidents
- Conduct safety meetings on the rig
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Oversees/ensures completion of daily preventative maintenance as per the checklist.
- Responsible for all Managed Pressure Drilling Operations on the rig, from a technical and a safety stand point.
- Have a good understanding of drilling operations.
- Responsible for all QHSE procedures of all WFT crew and report any incidents.
- Documents all jobs and incidents in the Weatherford Performance Tracking System (WPTS).
- Responsible for all logistic operations on location.
- Ensures that all equipment is functional (submits for repair, if required).
- Ensures that green tagging in the shop is completed prior to mobilization
- Previous MPD experience
- Proven experience in a hands on, field role.
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills and fluent in English.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Ability to give direction, supervise and mentor junior personnel
- Knowledge and experience with traditional drilling practices and well control
- Strong technical and operational knowledge of Managed Pressure Drilling, procedures and practices
- Helpful and highly motivated with the ability to prioritise workloads
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible and able to professionally support and interface with members of staff at all levels
- Willingness to learn
- IWCF certification along with offshore certifications are preferred