Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is searching for a Mechanic with extensive offshore experience in the oil and gas industry on a production platform.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Houma, LA
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Operates, tests, maintains, repairs and record keep required data on all safety shutdown systems and devices in accordance with BSEE regulations and approved facility permit safe chart. This includes such devices as control valves, actuators, sensors, pilots, pressures, and temperature or level controllers. In addition, must maintain facility safety equipment, which includes firefighting equipment, emergency supplies, survival capsules, navigational aids, and alarm systems in accordance with BSEE and USCG regulations.
- Operation and maintenance of all rotating equipment such as compressors, generators, platform cranes, pumps, winches, etc. in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations.
- Monitor control panels, shutdown devices, liquid levels, flow rates, temperatures, etc. to keep them within the designed operating range.
- Repairs and maintains, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as generators, turbines, engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment, using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Maintains documentation (records), as required, on all work performed by loading these records into work management software program.
- Repair and replace seals and properly align shafts in various types of pumps including, but not limited to, centrifugal, water, chemical or crude oil pumps; submersible pumps and injection pumps.
- Check and set mechanical clearances to comply with OEM specified tolerances using dial test indicators, feeler gauges micrometers, calipers, strain gauges, deflection gauge, etc...
- Perform all preventative maintenance in accordance with applicable company procedures.
- Record all maintained data in proper logs or maintenance records.
- Monitor operating parameters on equipment; make adjustments, report unusual conditions to platform supervisor.
- Additional duties per Supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-5 years offshore mechanic experience on a production platform required; Must have experience working on production platform equipment.
Preferred: Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; ; 5-8 years offshore experience on a production platform preferred. Solar Turbine experience preferred but not required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.