Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Wood Power Solutions UK are looking for an Environmental Advisor to join their team. This is a home based position with trips to various sities predominently in the Midlands.
- Ensures that Power Solutions' Environmental Management System remains complaint with ISO 14001:2015, UK legislation and Wood standards and environmental and sustainability requirements.
- Provides environmental performance reports to Power Solution leadership, (business and projects), as requested.
- Provides input on environmental and sustainability matters to bid submissions and Power Solutions tender packages.
- Assists in supply chain appraisals / bid reviews, e.g., for approved subcontractors and managed contractors.
- Prepares and maintains project-specific Environmental Aspects and Impacts registers, Environmental Management Plans (inc. site waste management), etc., being fully aware of the project conditions / commitments.
- Highlight to Project Management any potential issues that may impede or otherwise disrupt the project schedule.
- Inputs to project emergency response plans.
- Establishes and conducts regular risk-based site inspections and audits to provide assurance to the business that Project Environmental Management Plans are implemented properly and remain fit for purpose, including but not limited to compliance with licences, consents, and waste management.
- Be available to organise and facilitate joint inspections / audits with clients and other stakeholders.
- Ensure assurance activities are documented, with corrective actions assigned and completion timescales agreed. Open actions are to be tracked to completion and signed off.
- Acts as the focal point for environmental and sustainability issues within Power Solutions and externally with client representatives, regulators and other interested parties.
- Acts as a lead for investigations into environmental incidents, including near misses.
- Monitors project site waste management performance plus water and energy use and emissions and ensures all data is recorded and retained.
- Develops and roll out environmental management awareness campaigns, training, toolbox talks, etc.
- Ensure the reinstatement and restoration of sites is fully understood, planned into programme and documented.
- Ensure site water management is planned ahead of operations to prevent pollution.
- Investigate environmental incidents that occur on the Project, report findings and actions required including (if required) comments from regulators, lessons learnt from incidents should be briefed following investigations.
- Any other environmental issue not mentioned specifically above.
Skills / Qualifications
- Environmental Degree (preferred) or Diploma
- Experience in the construction industry with responsibilities similar to those shown above
- IT literate, (e.g., good working knowledge of MS Office applications, including Access)
- Ability to travel in UK
- Clean driving licence
- Good communicator
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.