Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Evanston, Wyoming, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for Plant Operators to join our team in Evanston, Wyoming.
This position will be r esponsible for assisting in the operation of natural gas processing facility to ensure optimum plant performance, including monitoring operations of natural gas processing plant, product treating, compression, making necessary adjustments, performing inspections and conducting preventive maintenance.
The incumbent will control overall operation of the plant. Control room operating and pin pointing concerns to improve plant functions. Exchange information to maximize plant production, quality and efficiency
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Operates plant facilities' various equipment/systems including, but not limited to: Gas plant processing, process controls and measurement, pumps, pressure relief system instrument air system, dehydrators, fuel system, emergency shutdown systems, gas turbines, reciprocating compressors, steam turbines, gas fired boilers, process pumps, amine treating systems, inlet and gas receivers
- Optimize processing throughout the facility and maintain proper product specifications
- Responsible for plant start up or shut down when needed
- Monitoring plant remotely via electronic surveillance devices to insure operations are running smoothly
- Provides guidance to Plant Tech and Mechanics to insure plant is operating at ideal levels
- Communicates plant performance and remediation recommendations to ICC and local leadership
- Manage acceptable condensate levels within plant specifications
- Engaging stakeholders to develop and communicate monthly and daily operational targets.
- Providing information and guidance based on a consolidation of data and a broad perspective of day to day operational performance.
- Coordinating/supporting responses to abnormal operating events and crisis event
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma OR GED required
- Full knowledge of instrumentation and controls associated with natural gas processing
- Two - Three (2-3) years of processing experience and 2 years as plant process board operator
- Have a good understanding of plant principles and operations
- Possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Must be able to interface effectively with many internal and external customers, regulatory officials, company contacts, and co-workers, strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must be capable of lifting/ carrying/ pushing/ pulling up to 50 lbs
- Must be capable of vigorous outdoor activities and have manual dexterity with physical ability to work extended hours, climbing, bending, kneeling, squatting, working with arms extended above the head, twisting upper body, standing for long periods of time on catwalks, working in confined spaces, exposure to extreme weather conditions, driving a vehicle, operation of forklifts and light industrial equipment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.