Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Delft, South Holland, Netherlands
Would creating future energy products excite you?
Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex problems and deliver solutions?
Join our Scrum teams!
Our growing team produces industry leading applications and software platforms (JewelSuite and JewelEarth) that quickly create precise geological models. We collaborate with cross-functional teams and experts to shape innovative products which are utilized by customers in the energy domain, projects in CO2, windmills, H2, geothermal wells and water-management. . The organization consists of 10+ scrum teams working together to develop JewelEarth, our flagship platform, and the JewelSuite Subsurface Modeling application, using agile software delivery principles.
Partner with the best
As the Product Owner, you are a member of the Agile Scrum team that is responsible for defining user stories and manage and implement the team's backlog to maximize the business value the Development Team delivers. You collaborate with the Development Team to prioritize the work and you validate that the software delivered matches the acceptance criteria. You have a important role in quality control. You are responsible for managing the stakeholders and ensuring the team's workplan and backlog are consistent with the strategic roadmap and are transparent and clear for all. You will have significant relationships and responsibilities outside the scrum team.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts, software architects, UX designers, Customer Support Team, other Product Owners, and internal and external stakeholders to create and maintain the 12-month rolling workplan and the backlog and share those with the Development Team.
- Ensure the Product Backlog is transparent and up-to-date at all times in Azure DevOps Server and during meetings like the Backlog Meeting, Product Workgroup Meeting, and Delivery Workgroup Meeting.
- Manage the delivery of new functionality compliant to the Reference Architecture and following technical design / quality requirements as set out by the architectural team, and compliant to the UX guidelines set out by the UX team.
- Provide the development team with an overview of the vision and planning of the features. Use techniques such as User Story Mapping to develop a common understanding of what is required and agree the Minimum Marketable Product with stakeholders.
- Lead sprint reviews for reviewing and accepting the delivered user stories with stakeholders.
- Participate in the sprint retrospectives where the team gathers to improve the delivery processes.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Master degree, or combination of relevant education and experience, in Geoscience, Petroleum Engineering, Reservoir Engineering or Geology.
- At least 3 years of experience in software development, e.g. as developer, tester, Product Owner or Subject Matter Expert.
- Full professional proficiency in English
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
- Working 4 or 5 days a week (32-40 hours per week)
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Working in large software development project in a multicultural environment.
- Agile Testing best practice learning.
- Access to online-learning resources, namely Baker Hughes Learning and Udemy.
- Access to additional training opportunities, career growth, knowledge sharing, including other disciplines.
- Flexible working hours.
- Bonus program.
- Healthcare allowance of € 138.70 gross per month.
- 25 Vacation days, the year after (if not been ill) 5 days extra
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.