Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for an experienced Product Business Manager to lead in bringing cutting-edge digital solutions to market, with focus on its proprietary ENVision and other environmental-focused solutions.
ENVision has been fully developed within Wood to provide real-time insight into emissions and carbon releases by streaming and automating diverse types of data to provide a clear, auditable, and accurate view of emissions from any asset, organization, or city.
The role is envisaged to be globally focused, with initial emphasis in the North American market. The ideal candidate needs a broad geographical and multi sector experience with excellent verbal and communication skills. The role requires being able to rapidly engage with clients to understand their problems and, through client presentation and software demonstration, show how ENVision and related environmental bespoke solutions (including Wood Insights platform) can solve these problems.
This candidate will be responsible for providing input into the long-term vision for the ENVision product, environmental-business growth plans and responsible for communicating and executing the strategy to the Group's Leadership Team and the Product Development team. The individual will handle communication upwards in the organization, with other key stakeholders, and the sales and marketing teams to share the vision and roadmap for ENVision and related offering. The role will be responsible for collecting and prioritizing business and market requirements, communicating with domain experts, technology owners and evaluating competing software to provide input into the long-term strategy and roadmap for the company's software and services offering.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience with real-time emissions monitoring and reporting software, preferably for multiple industries and numerous geographic regions. In depth knowledge of emissions and greenhouse gas tracking and reporting, carbon footprint and sustainability initiatives and associated regulatory reporting requirements is desired. The ability to communicate with potential customers regarding their sustainability pledges and environmental goals and effectively communicate to them how ENVision and related Wood offering would enable them to achieve their goals or communicate to the development team new features required to meet these market demands, is an essential requirement of this role.
The primary responsibilities for this role for the Envision and related environmental-focused applications are:
Driving business in growth targets set for ENVision, associated applications and services
- Be the global ENVision Product Champion and collaborate with Product Manager to develop overall the ENVision product vision and associated solutions
- Analyse the competitive land scape to determine strengths and weaknesses of the ENVision product and external products to contribute to the roadmap
- Analyse market trends, reports, market statistics, sales data, user stories to drive product roadmap
- Stay abreast of regulatory reporting requirements for pollutant and greenhouse gas emissions, carbon footprint and sustainability initiatives
- Develop the pricing models for the software and services
- Lead sales and marketing efforts by performing software demonstrations
- Provide leadership to proposal development by leading proposal development and costing activities
- Provide leadership or support of project execution of services and solutions offered
- Technical and business representation of Wood's ENVision product and environmental-related solutions in conferences and/or lead Product webinars, Industry Panels, whitepapers, and publications
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
- Multi sector knowledge and global project experience in emissions and greenhouse gas tracking and reporting.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance rules and standards for emissions reporting
- Identifying, defining, and solving client problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Specification of software solutions to provide commercial applications
- Strong understanding of sustainability and how it is driving different market sectors
- Minimum degree-level qualification in engineering, science, or mathematics
- Postgraduate qualification in engineering, environmental science, or technology
- Considerable experience in similar role
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.