Skills: Student / Recent Grad
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood have an immediate requirement for a Vacation Student to join our team based in our central Perth office. This role is offered as an ad-hoc intern assignment commencing in January 2022 and the position reports to the Team Leader - Specialist Engineering & Consulting.
Our summer Vacation Program is designed for students looking for an early kick-start to their career. The program is available to students studying toward a degree in Mechanical, Civil, Structural Engineering with a keen interest in Data Science / Data Analytics or Computer Science qualification. A position such at this enables you to put what you've learned into practice and gain valuable exposure to the workplace so that you may experience first-hand what it's like to work on real projects prior to graduation.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- a passion for troubleshooting
- familiarity with P&IDs and isometric drawings
To equip you with the knowledge and tools to successfully complete your work during the program, you will undertake an induction on your first day with the company and be assigned a buddy.
When the vacation assignment concludes and depending on your particular circumstance, you may be offered either a part-time ongoing role or full-time graduate role with us - meaning you could finish your last year of study knowing you already have a job with a global engineering consultancy secured. Please note however, that this will be dependent on operational requirements at that time and is not guaranteed.
Please note that at this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who currently hold Permanent Residency (PR).
Skills / Qualifications
To be eligible for a vacation position please refer to the following criteria:
- Currently studying toward a degree in Engineering ideally with a keen interest or earlier qualification in Data Science, Data Analytics or Computer Science
- Able to demonstrate that you are a strong communicator - you can clearly articulate your ideas, your passion and perspective both in person and in writing
- Be willing to actively learn new things - you will be open-minded, a quick learner and a naturally curious person and we are particularly interested in students who are open to developing their technical skills and industry understanding
- Contribute as a team player and thrive in a collaborative environment, engaging with others and able to work independently when appropriate
- Value openness, empathy and inclusivity - at Wood we've built a culture where everyone can bring their whole and authentic self to work
When applying, please ensure that you provide a scanned copy of your academic transcript in addition to your CV. *Our tip - combine these two documents into one and upload as your CV.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.