Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer in our Brisbane Mining & Minerals division.
As a critical member of the team, you will assist in delivering a critical metals projects and assist in the front end design of the plant. This will be on a full time permanent basis.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution.
As a key part of the Wood team, you will be responsible for duties such as, but not limited to:
- Preparation of deliverables in accordance with customer and regulatory requirements
- The overall production of mechanical engineering deliverables such as specification, calculations, technical evaluations, reports and drawings
- Providing input into layout development
- Resolving technical issues, in a clear and concise manner
- Ensuring the correct and relevant information is disseminated to mechanical team (engineers and designers) and other disciplines, in a clear and concise manner
- Technical equipment package management, including the review and approval of vendor data
- Providing technical support across the business including to on-site construction, estimating, procurement and project departments
- Mentoring and coaching junior engineers
- Liaising with Clients
Skills / Qualifications
To be the ideal candidate, you will have an understanding of Mining and Minerals processing, with a minimum of eight years of post-graduate experience and have previousy worked at an engineering company. You will also have:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised institution
- Demonstratable experience on high throughput concentrator plants, Iron Ore experience highly desirable
- Design of conveyors including sizing, power calculations, trajectory, pull out forces
- Design of trippers and shuttles
- Experience with conveyor design software Sidewinder or similar
- Design of feeders, bins and storage stockpiles, TUNRA methodology knowledge desirable
- Experience in developing technical specifications and completing technical evaluations of equipment and review of vendor data/vendor interfacing.
- Experience in detailed design providing input to the design/drafting team
- Experience in multidisciplinary teams interfacing mainly with Structural, Electrical, Instrumentation and control.
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role. Ideally, you will be located in Queensland due to current circumstances. However, if you have plans to relocate, please include a Cover Letter with your intentions and dates to move.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're a Senior Mechanical Engineer, ready for a rewarding challenge, then Wood is keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.