Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Job Purpose
Inspection Department is seeking an experienced Robotics and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) engineer. Inspection Department (ID) is the corporate center of excellence for inspection services. Inspection Technical Support Division of ID is chartered to lead, oversee and manage UAV & Robotics Technology company-wide through the identification, evaluation and exploitation of new technologies to achieve highest business impact.
The incumbent will resume technical role with wide and in-depth understanding of Robotics & UAV systems and technologies. The incumbent will develop engineering design, assessment and analysis of Robotics technologies, systems components and subcomponents. The incumbent will design and introduce cutting-edge robotic technologies to enhance field operations, reduce cost and enhance safety in teamwork and collaborative environment.Responsibilities
Education & Experience Requirements
- Identify, evaluate, integrate and deploy Robotics & UAV technologies for field operations and capital projects.
- Originate and carry out engineering studies to determine potential problems and remedies to existing problems by introducing Robotic solutions, resolve complex technical problems, increase revenue, optimize processes, protect the environment, or improve safety.
- Develop engineering design, assessment and analysis of Robotics technologies, systems components and subcomponents.
- Provide technical support & consultation to end users and field proponents on UAV & Robotics technologies
- Develop and maintain Saudi Aramco engineering standards, specifications, best practices and other documentation related to Robotics and UAV specialty.
- Establish and derive aspired long-term business portfolio of technology focuses.
- Explore future advancements in UAV & Robotics technologies for effective implementations
- Undertake special assignments requiring extensive technical experience and discretion when dealing with outside organizations.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Automation/IT Engineering with a focus area in Robotics and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- At least 6 years of experience in Robotics technologies and solutions for oil and gas applications.
- Expert in Robotics design, integration and applications (payload, sensing and control), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine learning for robotics with post-data analysis experience.
- Have solid problem solving and decision making, communications and presentation, economic analysis and budgeting skills. Experience in budgeting and planning with excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Fundamentals of Engineering, Professional Engineering, Chartered Engineer, or equivalent certification is highly desirable.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.