Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
The incumbent of this position will be part of the Nonmetallic Engineering Division that is supporting nonmetallic deployment in all Saudi Aramco operating facilities, in-line with the Saudi Aramco nonmetallic roadmap mission and vision.
The incumbent is to be involved with wide array of nonmetallic products deployment (e.g. pipes, tanks, etc.) across Saudi Aramco Facilities (onshore and offshore), new technology introduction including polymer in building and construction, root cause failure analysis and strategy implementation.
- Provide consultation and Review and revision of capital projects and introducing qualified nonmetallic products in the engineering design packages, including; water plants, gas plants, GOSPs, and terminals.
- Develop new specifications and update existing standards, procedures and best practices.
- Perform technical assessment of new vendor facility, their qualification and approval and conduct periodic assessment to maintain regulated vendor list.
- Develop, introduce and/or implement viable new Nonmetallic technologies (e.g. oil and gas, building and construction) in Saudi Aramco facilities.
- Lead investigations and evaluate product deficiencies of local and out-of-Kingdom manufacturers.
- Lead or be a team member in specialized tasks, such as incident investigation (e.g. failure analysis) teams, special audit teams, value engineering teams, organizational improvement teams, etc.
- Provide support in design and construction of the nonmetallic (e.g. pipe, composite repair, structural component) product system.
- Provide support in additive manufacturing
- Participate in providing training courses to develop young engineers.
- Mentor engineers and share your knowledge and experience.
- Publish technical papers in refereed journals.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree (Advanced Degree preferred) in nonmetallic materials, Polymers, Chemical, Materials or Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience as an engineer in the field of nonmetallic materials with applications in oil and gas industry.
- Broad knowledge in thermoplastic, fiber reinforced thermoset or thermoplastic, elastomers and their related products including piping, tanks and vessels, liners for carbon steel piping, downhole tubing and casing, composite repair systems, etc.
- Excellent knowledge in nonmetallic products (e.g. piping, tanks, valves, downhole tubulars, composite structures) qualification and testing, consultation, failure analysis, recommendations and technical support
- In-depth knowledge in International Engineering Standards and Specifications (e.g. API 15HR, API 15S, API 17J) including experience in developing Engineering Standards for the Oil and Gas Industry
- Familiarization in nonmetallic piping, tanks and vessels manufacturing, thermoplastic lining processes, piping installation and hydrotesting.
- Good knowledge in corrosion and its mitigation methods
- Excellent presenter, high convincing ability, excellent technical report and paper writing skills and ability to mentor and teach
- Good field experience including processes and equipment
- Affiliation with professional societies is highly desirable such as ASME, API, ISO, NACE .
- Fundamentals of Engineering, Professional Engineering, Chartered Engineer, or equivalent certification is highly desirable.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.