Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.Job Description
We are seeking an experienced Water Treatment Engineer to join the Energy Systems Division (ESD) of Saudi Aramco.
The ESD is responsible for providing utility and energy efficiency support and solutions for all Saudi Aramco industrial and non-industrial facilities.
The Senior Water Treatment Engineer primary role is to provide technical and economic services including process expertise related to Water Treatment Systems. The water treatment systems include Media Filtration, Ion Exchange, Membrane Desalination, Thermal Desalination, Water Treatment Chemicals Injection, Cooling water, Condensate and process water treatment.Duties & Responsibilities
- Working closely with operations personnel to understand their needs, and produce designs and services to meet these expectations
- Review existing systems to identify improvement opportunities, potential problems, and remedies to existing problems, and conduct continuous improvement studies
- Provides capital and operations program leadership by originating and carrying out initiatives to improve performance, system optimization, and increase revenue to achieve best in class in business.
- Evaluate best practices and advanced technologies and incorporate them into Saudi Aramco's standards to be implemented in oil and gas processing, oil refining, and petrochemical complexes
- Develop the conceptual design for scoping of new projects, review and approve the engineering calculations and design packages by engineering contractors
- Deliver presentations to international audiences of experts and publish technical papers
- Mentor junior engineers, and deliver in-house training courses
- Work independently and create a positive work environment
- Act as a technical advisor and provide timely operational support to Saudi Aramco's organizations
- Demonstrate excellent technical report writing and presentation skills
- Evaluates capabilities of vendors/contractors to offer their services to Saudi Aramco
- Ready to take up special assignments to different organizations
- Bachelor's Degree (advanced degree preferred) in chemical or environmental engineering.
- Ten (10) years of industry experience in the area of water treatment systems design, in addition to a strong operating background
- Demonstrate experience, preferably in Oil & Gas industry, with several years of full responsibility over the water treatment systems, such that the incumbent is clearly recognized as subject matter expert
- Up-to-date engineering knowledge of the design, operation and troubleshooting of one or more of the following water treatment systems; Media Filtration, Ion Exchange, Membrane Desalination, Thermal Desalination, Water Treatment Chemicals Injection, Cooling water, Condensate and process water treatment etc.
- Knowledge of applicable international regulations, codes, and standards
- Familiarity with industry wide process simulation software for utility systems design, sizing, hydraulic analysis, assessment and diagnosis
- Fundamentals of Engineering, Professional Engineering, Chartered Engineer, or equivalent certification.
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.