Skills: Business Analyst
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brussels, Belgium
At Eni, we are looking for a Business Analyst ICT within EGEM in Brussels, Belgium. You will be responsible for covering the whole application lifecycle (starting from requirement gathering, analysis, design & testing, through to post go-live support and maintenance). You will be using your skills in communication, requirement gathering, business process analysis and customer focus using an agile and design thinking approach to ensure that new developments and systems are fit for purpose.
Eni is one of the leading integrated energy companies with activities in exploration, production, transport, and marketing of oil and natural gas. Eni has a market capitalisation of €33bn and has a €70bn turnover. It is not only a leading international upstream Company but also Europe's largest natural gas Company.
In January 2021, Eni integrated the Gas, LNG, Power & Emission related activities to form Eni Global Energy Markets. EGEM internationally trades Gas, LNG, Power & Emissions and Oil derivatives (mainly to hedge GLP Business contracts) while maintaining the full capabilities and trading activities of the former ETS GLP business. The integration of the trading activities into EGEM enables Eni to capture additional business opportunities in the market, EGEM will carry out physical and financial transactions on behalf of Eni Group and other activities related to management of the opportunity and flexibility of Eni's portfolio of assets. EGEM's headquarter office is in Milan, the company also has offices in London, Brussels and Singapore.
Eni has a substantial and growing LNG supply portfolio, with a global reach. The current 5.5Mtpa portfolio is expected to double in size over the next five years, with growth coming predominantly from Eni's own upstream assets.
As a member of ICT Team at EGEM you will be responsible for:
- Working side-by-side with our business functions and application maintenance teams to ensure the efficient day-to-day operations of our systems, becoming a functional expert
- Driving requirements gatherings and specifications, choosing the most effective means to elicit and document these with workshops, storyboards, user stories, or other methods
- Analysing and verifying requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards, as well as documenting these fully
- Working closely with our development teams to brainstorm, prototype, analyse and deliver on requirements as efficiently as possible, keeping our projects on track
- Complying with established processes where required, and working across teams to define processes and documentation/training as new features and systems are implemented
- Contributing to the definition of full testing procedures, and working with our business colleagues to plan and deliver these to ensure than newly developed functionality and newly implemented systems are fit for purpose
- Participating across the organisation to deliver far-reaching programmes of transformation or initiatives across all areas of the organisation, contributing on business and technology view.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- University degree with emphasis on Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics or equally by experience
- Previous experience in an IT focused environment
- Experience in the energy sector in general and on trading and market analysis specifically is an asset
- Experience with ETRM or trading packages and relevant implementation experience is an asset
- Experience applying methodologies of Agile, design thinking, UX is an asset
- Experience with new technologies of cloud, Data Analytics, AI, ML, BI and cyber security is an asset
- Knowledge of programming and/or scripting languages is an asset
- Knowledge of English
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.