Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer with Electrical background in Hamilton, Ontario supporting a project in the Food & Agri industry.
The Project Engineer will support the project manager in fulfilling project management and engineering responsibilities . The Project Engineer will also be responsible for supporting the management and administration of site construction activities in accordance with the Project requirements.
Some of the duties anticipated for the Project Engineer are as follows:
- As a seconded member into the client's organization, integrate with the client's team, planning and executing projects on their behalf.
- Enforce Safety, Health, Environment, and Security requirements with all Construction Contractors and Vendors.
- Assist with preparation of Decision Support Package deliverables (DSP's) for project reviews, gate meetings and project approval.
- Assist with develop ment of project estimates, providing a main input for electrical, instrument and controls
- Assist with develop ment of the project schedule for electrical, instrument and controls, ensuring appropriate input from the team.
- Assist with the selection of MCC's, motors, transformers, PLCs, automated controls, valves, and wiring.
- Lead engineering reviews with operations and management.
- Provide leadership for electrical, instrument and controls engineering activities and ensure the integrity of the project's engineering scope
- Main interface with electrical, instrument and controls engineering consultants, ensuring that each fulfill their scope-of-work
- Ensure issues are resolved and timely delivery
- Ensure documents are reviewed by client personnel where required prior to getting issued for use
- Complete schedule progress updates as per defined cycles. Ensure the schedule is maintain with correct start / finish dates, updated logic and approved changes.
- Facilitate the c hange c ontrol p rocess on behalf of the Project Manager.
- Collect lessons learned as the project progresses. Facilitate lessons learned meeting when required.
- Key interface with c onstruction c ontractors:
- Ensure issues are resolved on a timely basis.
- Inspect work to ensure compliance with drawings, specifications, and standards.
- Coordinate project work between Construction Contractors, Vendors, Operations and Maintenance
- Ensure mandatory inspections and testing is being completed and properly recorded. Provide witness services when needed.
- Ensure p unch l ists are properly defined and resolved prior to commissioning, Start-up and Contractor demobilization.
- Identify and report construction events that may impact the project's cost, schedule, and scope.
- Give input into p roject r eports for review and issue by Project Manager.
- Give input into cost report s for review and approval by Project Manager
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Manager including coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Complete project close-out activities, including the Final Project Report (if required).
Skills / Qualifications
- A degree in electrical engineering is required.
- 8+ years of project engineering experience for electrical work on industrial projects (combination of management / support to engineering and field work would be best).
- Experience with instrument and controls will be considered an asset, but not essential.
- Food and Agri industry experience will be considered an asset, but not essential
- Experience working with in an EPC and/or EPCM project delivery model.
- Experience with Front End Loading (FEL) project development and preparation of Decision Support Packages (DSP's) is considered an asset, but not essential
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.