Our client is currently looking for a Communications Specialist to support a large energy storage project in Ontario. This is a one year contract with possibility of extension and will be based in Toronto Ontario.
As part of the Corporate Communications team of a leading energy infrastructure company, the Communications Advisor will play a lead role in developing communication strategies and tactics for the Storage Project. The successful candidate is a seasoned practitioner who has a proven track record of creating and executing a broad range of communications strategies to support projects, considering internal and external audiences with experience that delivers results. Role Description
What we need:
- Provide communications support
- Develop relationships with the project team to understand their deliverables and develop communications strategies to support their initiatives;
- Create engaging, informative and audience-centric communications including media material (contributed articles and advertising), intranet and external website content, presentations for internal and external stakeholders, videos, brochures and collateral, and content for social media and other digital marketing and communications channels, as appropriate;
- Monitor and measure communications results and continually improve effectiveness;
- Collaborate with appropriate subject matter experts to establish requirements, determine subject material to be developed, and ensure accuracy and thoroughness of contents;
- Organize, write and present information in an appropriate format for the intended audience;
- Edit, standardize, and polish communications written by subject matter specialists;
- Work with agency or digital team to develop original supplementary communication aids such as info graphics, charts, tables, process flow diagrams, conceptual illustrations;
- Coordinate review and revisions processes involving multiple stakeholders; and
- Communicate with and manage outside agencies hired to provide communication services for the project.
- A strategic and detailed-oriented communicator, who is a storyteller at heart
- An excellent understanding of external communications with a keen eye for identifying project milestones and developing communication opportunities that drive results
- Political and stakeholder acumen with a good understanding of how to develop and deliver relevant and timely external narratives to these audiences
- Excellent writing skills with an ability to distill complex ideas into simple and compelling content that informs, influences, and engages audiences
- Ability to prioritize and display a sense of urgency to complete tasks
- Comfortable embedded as a project resource, working across teams to support all disciplines (land, environment, engineering, etc.) to develop communication programs and material
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to gain consensus across teams and clients
- University degree in communications, business, public relations or journalism with 6-10 years' experience in related fields
- Preference for candidates who reside in close proximity to the proposed project site.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.