Skills: Customer Service, Sales
Other Skills: Internal Sales, Technical Sales, Hydraulics, Hoses
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Hydrasun is a recognised market leader in the provision of integrated fluid transfer, power and control solutions. We are focused on supporting the energy transition through our work in the oil and gas, renewable energy, general industrial and marine industries worldwide.
We are recruiting for an experienced Technical Sales Advisor for our office in Teesside to process customer enquiries in an accurate, compliant, efficient and professional manner. They will support customer technical enquiries and provide product support. They will also build effective customer relationships, improve customer satisfaction and provide a proactive customer service.
The successful candidate will possess experience in a similar technical internal sales role, selling technical elements/products (e.g. hoses, valves, hydraulic fittings, flanges etc).
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Previous experience in a similar Technical sales role
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to build proactive relationships with customers and team members
- Ability to negotiate with customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- A flexible "can do" approach
- Ability to plan and organise workload to ensure deadlines are met
- A motivated individual, able to use their own initiative
- Possess the necessary drive to lead a team when required
Desirable Experience, Qualifications and Competencies
- Further education - College/Apprenticeship
- Vocational training in Sales and Customer Services
- Qualification and / or training courses in selling techniques and methods
- A qualification in Basic Engineering Principles
- NVQ level 3 in Customer Services.
- Experience with Instrumentation and Hydraulic Products
- Experience with Fittings, Hoses, Valves and Flanges
- A working knowledge of Hydrasun products
- An understanding and previous experience of using ERP systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Continually improve levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customers receive and perceive "value for money".
- Provide and exceed enquiry intake, order conversion and invoiced sales targets.
- Determine the Hydrasun selling price and achieve an optimal balance of maximum margin and competitiveness.
- Perform effective contract review and ensure all customer requirements are reflected in the Hydrasun quotation.
- Ensure enquiries are processed and quoted expediently and within agreed timescales.
- Ensure orders are processed, delivered and invoiced expediently and within agreed timescales.
- Maximise opportunities to generate revenue from additional products or services such as freight, premium working documentation and others.
- Manage customer service performance. Address issues of underperformance.
- Produce specific reports or documentation in accordance with both Hydrasun and customer defined formats & requirements.
- Perform baseline technical review of customer and/or supplier documentation. Ensure all implications are understood, communicated, recorded and complied with across the department.
- Provide advice on product and supplier selection to best meet customer needs and in accordance with the Hydrasun strategy.
- Actively source and maximise opportunities to generate additional revenue from new products.
- Maintain Internal and external network of technical experts with key suppliers.
- Receive, investigate, co-ordinate and complete reports for all HSEQ "system failure notifications" (e.g. customer complaints)
Continual Improvement / Personal Development
- Promote a strong "team" environment and a culture of continuous improvement throughout the department.
- Promote effective and safe working practices that comply with the company's safety and quality management systems.
- Understand and be accountable for CSD targets and objectives.
- Understand and be accountable for agreeing and achieving personal objectives.
- Put forward any suggestions for improvements to the Customer Service Manager
- Attend formal Team Briefings when requested.
- To be an effective team member and actively promote communication and information sharing within supply chain and across the wider Hydrasun