Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood's Infrastructure Planning Solutions group is seeking a highly motivated Junior Traffic Engineer/Planner (EIT) for either our Burlington, ON or Richmond Hill, ON offices, with flexibility to work remotely.
Our Infrastructure Planning Solutions group supports infrastructure pursuits/projects globally with comprehensive transportation planning; traffic operations; safety; modeling & functional design expertise.
- Preparing and contributing to transportation studies including multi-modal studies, transportation master plans, environmental assessments, traffic impact studies, TDM, active transportation and parking studies
- Work with senior project managers on large scale transportation engineering projects (Environmental Assessment, Structural rehabilitation, Transit, DB, etc.)
- Conduct a wide array of traffic analyses for both private and public-sector clients
- Conduct Traffic Operation Studies for major clients in Southern Ontario (MTO, Metrolinx, TTC, City of Toronto, etc.)
- Support 4 Stage Travel Demand Modelling assignments (EMME, VISUM, TransCAD, CUBE, etc.)
- Microsimulation modelling utilizing Vissim, Aimsun, and SimTraffic software packages
Skills / Qualifications
- 2+ years of relevant experience in transportation planning and/or traffic engineering services in the consulting or public sectors
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering and/or a Master Degree with focus on Transportation Planning/Engineering or Diploma in Transportation Technology will be an asset
- Eligible for or Registered EIT or P.ENG License from the Professional Engineers of Ontario or Registered Professional Planner from Ontario Professional Planning Institute or CET or A.Sc.T. from OACETT
- Experience applying transportation engineering standards (OTM Series, Geometric Design Standards for Ontario Highway, Design Guidelines for Canadian Roads, TAC MUTCD, etc.)
- Experience interpreting municipal plans, policies and by-laws
- Demonstrated experience with micro-simulation software (Synchro/SimTraffic, or other) and associated analysis and reporting
- Experience working with transit systems and ability to conduct transit operation studies would be an asset
- Developing automation tool (using VBA/Excel, Python) for analysis of large data sets will be an asset
- Proficient working knowledge in using ArcGIS to produce high-quality maps and complete basic network analysis
- Ability to work in a team environment, with good communication and presentation skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.