Skills: Fitter / Turner
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Bloomfield, New Mexico, United States
Wood is recruiting for a Pipefitter Helper for a project in the Wood fabrication shop in Bloomfield, NM." Must live within a 50 mile radius of the facility."
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship form Wood is required
You will lay out, fabricate, assemble, install and maintain piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and industrial production and processing systems.
Skills / Qualifications
- Select type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications
- Inspect worksite to determine presence of obstructions
- Plan sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine
- Threads pipe using threading machine
- Bends pipe by hand or with pipe-bending tools and machine
- Mounts pip hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe
- Assemblies and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal; pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools
- Secures pipes to structure with brackets, clamps and hangers, using hand and power tools
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks
- Loads, transports and unloads materials, tools, equipment and supplies
Qualifications and Requirements
- Six (6) to forty-two (42) months of verified experience specifically in the field of pipefitting
- Apply shop mathematics to solve problems
- Have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings
- Work at heights without fear
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees
- Be motivated and work safely and productively
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.