Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Education: Some College
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Wells and Christmas Trees Project Engineer for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Provides Subsea Tree, Wellhead and Intervention discipline expertise to Balmoral Decommissioning Team and supports the Hubs for Wells and Tieback Projects ensuring technical integrity and availability throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Provides Subsea Tree and Wellhead discipline expertise to the Hubs and projects across the entire asset life cycle
- Demonstrable track record and proven experience in specifying design requirements for subsea well systems and well intervention tools.
- Detailed understanding of subsea wellhead structural loading conditions and techniques for load mitigations. Also working knowledge of current analyses methods.
- Awareness of rig based operations and light well intervention procedures.
- Develop concept design of subsea wellhead systems based on functional requirements.
- Supports the delivery of cost-effective subsea projects and inspection, repair and maintenance campaigns
- Provides subsea tree and hardware expertise from conceptual FEED through design, installation, commissioning and operation
- Support ongoing projects and legacy hardware/equipment from a Subsea hardware and completion perspective.
- Provide specialised Subsea hardware and completion support through IRM and decommissioning projects on drilling rigs, dive support vessels and light well intervention vessels.
- Liaise with Well Services and Asset teams throughout the well delivery process to ensure company objectives are met.
- Liaise with and supports offshore supervisors
- Maintain excellent relations with all service providers and customers
- Monitor contractor performance
- Fault finding and remediation definition
- Provides costed justification for recommended work to Hub management
- Develop detailed annual and long-term plans and budgets
- Cost control and planning
- Conduct assurance activities on the assets in the above areas
- Ensure, integrity strategies are implemented for subsea controls systems
- Supports subsea asset technical and integrity related work and reporting
- Carries out offshore site visits including audits as required
- Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
- Minimum HNC qualification in related engineering discipline although Mechanical, Structural or related engineering degree would be beneficial.
- Substantial experience in design engineering, qualification, verification and installation of Subsea Hardware and Completion equipment associated with HP/HT Subsea wells.
- Awareness of company HSEQ Policies and Business Management System (BMS)
- Awareness of company Values & Business Principles