Skills: Pipeline Engineering, Subsea Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Staines-upon-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Subsea and Export systems service line is recruiting for Graduate Subsea/Onshore/Offshore/Pipelines Engineers to join our graduate programme based in Staines-Upon-Thames from Summer 2022.
We are looking for dynamic, versatile individuals with a desire to support fast moving varied projects in subsea and onshore energy transportation, including hydrogen, carbon capture, renewable and conventional energies, with a continuous focus on delivery and client satisfaction. Supporting global energy transition through decarbonisation and green energies is a key part of our plans and we expect to see significant growth in these sectors, while at the same time meeting commitments to existing hydrocarbon development infrastructure.
Wood is committed to the implementation of the latest digital technologies to the energy environment and is looking for the next generation of engineers with both the skills and imagination to realise this ambition.
Our graduate engineers will assist senior engineers, under the guidance of Project and Operations Managers, in developing and/or delivering work scopes as allocated by the project/s.
The work scopes, and other Wood training, shall support the development of the graduate engineer and allow them to apply advanced subsea and onshore/offshore pipeline engineering skills and management techniques in range of projects. Graduates will be required to:
- Perform design and analysis
- Assist with in-house development of tools & programs
- Be involved in project planning, expediting and execution
- Understand and become familiar with report writing standards
- Participate in internal workshops and training lectures
- Become familiar with Wood's systems and software
The deadline for applications is 31 st January 2022.
Key Elements of the Graduate Programme:
- Access to a wealth of technical and personal development resources and opportunities
- Support throughout your career; you will be assigned a buddy, mentor (Chartered Engineer) and departmental manager to ensure your professional development is achieved in order to gain Chartered Engineer status
- Where available, opportunities for placements, site visits in the UK and overseas and rotations into other relevant disciplines to enhance your knowledge and experience in order to become a well-rounded Engineer
- Competitive salary
- Access to a range of excellent employee benefits including:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Generous holiday allowance plus extra days purchase option
- Travel and private medical insurance
- Pension and life assurance
- Shares option
Early Careers Network
You will have access to the Early Careers Network that brings together young professionals and offers continuing professional development opportunities.
Early Careers Network activities include:
- Networking opportunities
- Organised social events
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Technical and soft skills training
- Participation in STEM events
- Access to Wood's Global Developing Professionals Network
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate engineer with a minimum 2:1 Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field or a Master's degree in Sustainable Energy, Oil & Gas, Process, Pipelines, Subsea Engineering or other disciplines relating to clean energy, upstream oil and gas or offshore renewables industries from a recognised university
- Preference will be given to graduates with previous appropriate industry experience gained before, during or after their university courses
- Engineers who have undergone undergraduate internship in the area of subsea/pipeline/renewables engineering will have added advantage
- Demonstrate initiative, tenacity and excellent communication skills
- Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to match business requirements
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Must have the right to work in the UK
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.